Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98266 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 04:27:15 am »

Found out how to make vids the right way !  ;D Doe my system hates my drivers, so no stereo mix (have still find some way to make it work) - thus no in-game sound there. Quality has to be put better, must speculate about it a little more.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:54:03 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

That was awesome....

Hit P...  ;)

Was that music from the same place as the music from the Outerra videos?  At least the Himalayas one.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 12:54:22 am »

Was that music from the same place as the music from the Outerra videos?  At least the Himalayas one.

Yes. Actually i cant imagine OT whyteout that music anymore since that vid.  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 01:55:25 pm »

That was awesome....

I second that! It's really awesome. Great work on the model and the video Pago! :)

Marko

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 05:02:47 pm »

nice video and model work, PP. ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 05:11:30 pm »

Show must go on, so a little change in the grad system is there ... launcher arm is now hidden, folding off by the AOpen script (as doors and hood are) + left wheels in normal state (no change after AOpen as the last had - was actually left there after my speculation whyte the tire-simul. witch is stopped for now).

Version: 0.06

Working: - Start up and stop whyte a key. :D
              - gas pedal working
              - HandBrake animated for parking
              - BM-21 System rotation (and theyr valves and stabilizers - will be slightly redone to hawe realistic turning props and a fast and slow turning capability)
              - Speedmeter and RPMmeter (just pre-versions)
              - Horn-sound (must find out, why it is so silent doe) ("H" key)
              - Front-lights (just hiding the bulbs till light-sources are in OT) ("L" key)
              - Windows (will be intensity-based later) ("ShiftUP" keybinding)

- Grad Fire ! (just hidding rockets whyte some sound - need to tweak its pitch later on - order of fire is like the real system) (fire key - every second hit fires to make it a little slower to fire :) )
              - Grad system hydraulic weight-brake works acordingly

Planned next: - Doors animation (opening by individual keys)
                    - Whipers ("ShiftDown" keybinding)
                    - Suncowers
                    - Instruments enhancement (needs the engine code to be done working well - will take some time)
                    - Manual gear control (possibly whyte gearbox connector pedal dependancy)
                    - Adjustable rear-mirrors
                    - In-car ventilation
                    - Turn lights, reverse and head lights
                    - Head-glass wipers
                    - Targeting device

- Flat tire simulation
                    - Complex suspension
                    - Multiple variations of the truck for the spawner menu (filter type)

For turret rotation and fire see the key-bindings in your options as well as for the horn (normally "H"). Feel free to play whyte it friends ...

Here to get:

http://www.upnito.sk/subor/6a91ced0fc4511786664d4619b17101f.html

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGRFBqbEtQOGFlNG8/edit

P.S. : Gave a little extra - the AK74m and AK105(bad letter in model (difference in caliber, thus in magazine, just found out now ..) make it right when other caliber magazines are done) as objects ...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:22:28 pm by PytonPago »

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 06:53:58 am »

Looking good, thanks for sharing!

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

That's really awesome Pago! Thx for sharing.

Marko

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 06:46:34 pm »

... played a little whyte UVs and engine props (so it rides more like a few ton vehicle) ...

http://www.upnito.sk/subor/71ac194fb8321ab0727f8a72b0cda8dc.html

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGdHlHLWNaVGdjNGc/edit

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:23:37 pm by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:37 pm »

Playing whyte axle suspension ... there are two clear meshes - bones, taken as primal wheels (linear suspension ones, so just sinus height parameter aviable - good the center of axile is a right meter away to get the angle from a tangent function). Axle height is the average of both and its rotation angle is an average of tangent parameters. The visible wheels are separate meshes, rotating like the actual clear mesh wheels (visible at each axle script start that i used its values).
  - the BTR has actually the same way of making the wheels animated. Just no axle there.
Seems fitting nice, till some too fast and extreme height changes while in motion. Doe, i cant get the reason behind needing to put some start parameter for the angle (if angle set as the mere value, it doesnt align horizontally, but in some unknown angle - you can see the correction for it in script).

Thing is, adding suspension restrainers and hydraulics are a lot of trouble for such non-aligned component systems (like the hhrhhr´s little test, where all components where made right horizontal and used a simple wheel angle rotation whyte a swing-type wheel - see here)

Making some math for the components based on the geometry can be done, doe the offset constant in the angle is making some trouble, also, fine tuning it visually like on the BTR is just shear brain-scratch. Been trying several approaches and spend three days to make something out of it ... eventually it would go, but ... it would a great help if the engine could have a vector
calculator system in it. Simply put - if a frame based restrain whyte its pivot at its frame rotation point and a empty mesh pivot at the axle connection point would exist. Could there be a script to select those two mesh-bones witch outcome would be the vector from first to second pivot (something like "var vect.01 = get.vector(mesh01, mesh02)"), that could be applied to the rotation script for the restrain to face that direction ? (maybe even selecting in witch axes - as the "geom.rotate" script has all three parameters, setting the "vect.01" to all xyz axes would rotate it in the actual vector, and giving it just in two of them, would use just the selected plane vector alignment rotation (say XZ-plane - "(x:vect.01, y:0 ,z:vect.01)")). Could just calculate angles in all three axis planes - applying the right values at the rotation script.

It would make animations much easier, less bulky (for more complicated systems) and give a possibility to animate even very complex systems in vehicle scripts very fast.

Code: [Select]

// Suspension animations

// Front axle

var wfl =  this.wheel(0);
    var heiwfl = wfl.caxle;
    var wflrot = wfl.rotation;

var wfr =  this.wheel(1);
    var heiwfr = wfr.caxle;
    var wfrrot = wfr.rotation;

var heiaxf = ((-0.14)  + (( heiwfl + heiwfr ) / 2))
  var tanf = (( (( heiwfr ) / 1 ) + (( heiwfr ) / 1 ) ) / 2 )
  var angaxf = -( (-0.14 )+ Math.atan(tanf) )

this.geom.move_joint_orig(this.axilef, {x:0,y:0,z:heiaxf});
    this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilefac, angaxf, {x:0,y:-1,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.IntFL, steering, {x:0,y:0,z:1});
        this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilefwlac, wflrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.IntFR, steering, {x:0,y:0,z:1});
        this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilefwrac, wfrrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});

// Middle axle

var wml =  this.wheel(2);
    var heiwml = wml.caxle;
    var wmlrot = wml.rotation;

var wmr =  this.wheel(3);
    var heiwmr = wmr.caxle;
    var wmrrot = wmr.rotation;

var heiaxm = ((-0.22)  + (( heiwml + heiwmr ) / 2))
  var tanm = (( (( heiwmr ) / 1 ) + (( heiwmr ) / 1 ) ) / 2 )
  var angaxm = -( (-0.165 )+ Math.atan(tanm) )

this.geom.move_joint_orig(this.axilem, {x:0,y:0,z:heiaxm});
    this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilemac, angaxm, {x:0,y:-1,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilemwlac, wmlrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilemwrac, wmrrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});

var anafr = ( (1.15 * heiaxm ) + ( 0.75 * ( heiwml - heiwmr ) ) )
  var anafl = ( (1.15 * heiaxm ) - ( 0.75 * ( heiwml - heiwmr ) ) )

this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axalf, anafr, {x:1,y:0,z:0});
    this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axarf, anafl, {x:1,y:0,z:0});

// Back axle

var wbl =  this.wheel(4);
    var heiwbl = wbl.caxle;
    var wblrot = wbl.rotation;

var wbr =  this.wheel(5);
    var heiwbr = wbr.caxle;
    var wbrrot = wbr.rotation;

var heiaxb = ((-0.24)  + (( heiwbl + heiwbr ) / 2))
  var tanb = (( (( heiwbr ) / 1 ) + (( heiwbr ) / 1 ) ) / 2 )
  var angaxb = -( (-0.184 )+ Math.atan(tanb) )

this.geom.move_joint_orig(this.axileb, {x:0,y:0,z:heiaxb});
    this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilebac, angaxb, {x:0,y:-1,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilebwlac, wblrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});
      this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axilebwrac, wbrrot, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});

var heiabl = ((-0.00)  + (( heiwbl + heiwbr ) / 2))
    var heiabltan = Math.atan(( heiabl / 0.7 ) )
  var tanabl = (( (( heiwbr ) / 1 ) + (( heiwbr ) / 1 ) ) / 2 )
  var angabl = -( (-0.184 )+ Math.atan(tanabl) )
  var anabl = ( ( -heiabltan ) + angabl )
  var anabr = ( heiabltan + angabl )

this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axalb, tanabl, {x:-1,y:0,z:0});
    this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(this.axarb, tanabl, {x:1,y:0,z:0});

// End of suspension animations

The actual state ... thinking to segment the horizontal plate suspension pieces (leaf springs) into several meshes and animate its deformation that way too later. Will see how it works out. You can see the back axle restrains at the end (out of sync actually of course - still speculating whyte them).

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:33:28 pm by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 02:08:29 am »

Getting these types of things working should be top priority next to a tire model. Good work, bad music.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 03:46:27 am »

Getting these types of things working should be top priority next to a tire model. Good work, bad music.

... yes. I had that bad feeling about the restrains and axle movement since i thought about doing this stuff in the model. Was proven to be right there ... there could be a way of rotating the axle at the restrains part-circle rotation track. But still, you have to accommodate the axle according to the wheels. A backwards simulation in fact - that would normally involve some cycle-computing between few functions (cant get the right math-name for those operations). The interaction gap for the Y-axis wheel movement would not be visible in these lengths. But it comes to me as an over-simulation (even industrial hardcore car physics sims do it an else way - also, when it can be done so nicely like the BTRs by some simple rotations, it would be more for some physics-hardcore fans to do the hard way). Also not sure about programing that kind of computing cycle (but may not be as complicated doe - just the functions would have to be very correct to have an needed outcome).

Heh, i took the music as an joke for my three days of bad effort (would understand if youd know the text). Also its a kind of anthem for Russian-Siberian Trailer-drivers on those beasts. :D Ah, just cant wait till some rivers will be added - crossing them whyte a bunch of trees in a trailer whyle under a stream push thousand kilometers away from anything will be a must. :D :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:59:23 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 08:33:47 am »

After a long time, i had finally scratched, what the suspension should be like --- aldo, i still need to figure out to animate the leaf springs ... in mean time, enjoy and await an vehicle update. (hope will be soon).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsMcYNZvx5Y&feature=youtu.be

Also, you could see my script for using multiple stuff by two keys - AUX1 as a counter selector and O as the opener of the stuff. Will try to get both scripts to better shape and will share soon ...

P.S. Dont mind the missing mesh-pieces - this was just a test-build vehicle base - the main one is alright. Also, sorry for video quality. :/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:31:45 am by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 11:16:58 am »

This truck is going to be better made and animated than any vehicle in gaming history. We will have to have a party when it is finished.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:43 pm »

This truck is going to be better made and animated than any vehicle in gaming history. We will have to have a party when it is finished.

... not true, i would need some tracked snow-adapter, front and rear bumper adapter for train-tracks, pimped programmable suspensions whyte a subwoofer hooked to 6+ 250 decibel trompetes, super neon setup and a cool fire-sticker (cause every kid to 10 years knows no car can go faster than 200 km/h whyteout a flame-sticker on it). :D

Also, wanted to start some standards for vehicles, cant let that be on dummy wheels. :D The thing in script is just that i have to correct every part on all three axes for any movement of its - otherwise its just simple scripts a la wiki. Doe, for some reasons, some stuff needs tweaking trough some constants, cause they somehow start the rotation a little weirdly (thought all should be towards the local pivot point orientation, but sometimes angles get out little else than math shows me) - that's why it took so much time. I had to manually find those out so that stuff blends in properly. It isnt much ideal yet (you could see some 2-5 cm glitches at extreme angles and from separate scripts counted off-movements). But im sure that will be sorted out in time ...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:59:39 pm by PytonPago »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10