Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98271 times)

M7

Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 09:34:50 am »

Wow very impressive!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »

Can you get a camera that sits in the guns chair or is that not possible in the current scripts?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

Can you get a camera that sits in the guns chair or is that not possible in the current scripts?

... till camera position can be fixed to a certain mesh, it will be difficult - guess, maybe a circle script to use on the camera coordinates, doe im not sure if the vector of its facing will change too, or stay focused at the same direction ...  ???

Anyway, i dont have the targeting device done yet there - you need to use a paper-roll anyway. :D :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:14:35 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2014, 07:55:11 am »

NEWER EWER - scare your ural --- they jump out of their suspension !!!  ::)

... happened when i played whyte script and has something stupid laying around there ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 09:28:16 am »

Uhh... You're supposed to wait until the pavement dries...  ::)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »

I love the way the leaf springs are trying to compensate.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 03:05:36 pm »

Was playing around the front-panel stuff a little. Tuned the speed/RPM meters, added a driven-length meter, some little oil pressure and coolant pressure indicators ... if you run out of fuel, the engine dies, also when coolant temperature goes too high. Next would be a illuminated panel-texture creation for the light-indication panel. Some things will be further enhanced like the tire-pressure indicator. But OT needs first some enhanced wheel-physics for that to manipulate their deformations and the "clearance". Other than that - i should work on the ZU-23 model to bring it to finish, do the BTR-80 interior and pimp its script to this extend too (if all goes well, ill incorporate the multiple-turret script so that you can use the side-shoot places white some AKs too in addition to the turret, but you all must wait for that one to come).

So ... check the latest download-post ! Enjoy the driving !

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 11:29:52 pm »

What is with the smoothing? :o
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 12:45:01 am »

... yes, probably should add some polygons to the steering-wheel ...

vincibb

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 02:14:36 am »

Try to use normal maps instead of adding more polygons. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
It will save you performance since you will only use texture.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2014, 02:33:43 am »

Those look actually like not smoothed mesh normals. In practice that means there are multiple normals per vertex, and importer has to duplicate the vertices just to achieve that non-smooth look. If you smooth the mesh, there will be a single normal per vertex, smaller mesh after import, and a better look. Non-smooth mesh is used where you actually need to obtain an edge.

PytonPago

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 03:41:26 am »

Try to use normal maps instead of adding more polygons. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping
It will save you performance since you will only use texture.

... man, im bad at anything involving textures outside filling a square whyte some paint. Not to mention artistic jobs like that Michalangelo. (if i could draw some of that stuff i have sometimes in my head) :D - but can UV-map the rest of the cabin and put for someone to finish the texture work ... 

Those look actually like not smoothed mesh normals. In practice that means there are multiple normals per vertex, and importer has to duplicate the vertices just to achieve that non-smooth look. If you smooth the mesh, there will be a single normal per vertex, smaller mesh after import, and a better look. Non-smooth mesh is used where you actually need to obtain an edge.

The upper part is a 35 segment half-circle whyte a 14 vert. oval equal-sided triangle (profile is as it should be at the orig. real-life wheel). No doubles there. for a edge, you can (in accordance to the edge radius) smooth it up physically by adding 1-3 edges. But up-close, equi-distant and equi-angled points (specially at circles)
go always "edgy" when coming close enough for the optical blending effect to kick in. (compare the instrument panel clocks - if ya sit up-straight in the seat and when ya go look at the very details of the circle). Always just so much there can be done white geometry at certain distance - just like the Pythagoras circle-test by using a rope and ever dividing a square.

Normal mapping is there-for much appreciated when light gets un-evenly distributed at the edges creating an optical illusion of blending-in whyte the faces.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:39 am »

Nah, you've got it everywhere, each surface is not smooth:

That's pretty high triangulation, yet your surfaces are flat-shaded. Most other models have much coarser triangulation, yet they are smooth.
Normals are interpolated, you get a smooth surface by default. Only when each triangle has its own normals, then you get this. Your model will then also have 3x the amount of vertices after import into the engine, as GPUs need to have 1:1 vertex:normal.

Look in your editor for mesh smoothing operation. There should be also a modifier that detects sharp edges and leaves them intact.

PytonPago

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 06:09:43 am »

... will look into that ...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:19:57 am by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 09:49:38 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10