Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98272 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »

I like this discussion. Improving things together like a team!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »

this will prove difficult - will take a day, seems it crashes all my forms ... 
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:36 am »

Smoothed the Urals a little - check the last link and let me know if there is something oddly looking ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:07 am »

Smoothed that beast up - check the last download-post and let me know if you find some odd looking parts ...

thx_nb

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2014, 01:29:21 pm »

That is one large otx-file: 100MB. Any idea why it is so large?

Edit: It seems you have included a .blend and .dae file in de otx (both around 70 MB). Are these necessary?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:35:08 pm by thx_nb »

PytonPago

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2014, 01:45:27 pm »

That is one large otx-file: 100MB. Any idea why it is so large?

Edit: It seems you have included a .blend and .dae file in de otx (both around 70 MB). Are these necessary?

... model itself has around 30 - im giving there a package for texture-making and the 3D model-file to give people the option to speculate whyte it too (or check hierarchy and stuff) - a part of my free-model project. ... doe, i could upload it separately in the future if ya need ...

thx_nb

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2014, 01:48:40 pm »

I like that the model and textures are available, and I may even use them.
Also, my download speed is quite fast, so it doesn't really matter for me, but it seems to me, most people won't use the model and texturing package, so it could be a good idea to separate them.

M7

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »

Did a quick texture test. I created a fbx from blender, opened it in max, baked an ambiant occlusion map of the wheel , then pasted the result back in the photoshop file, then updated the dds. So it looks like the whole process seems to work flawlessly.

http://imgur.com/wgNUKVl

PytonPago

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

Looks nice - hope the UVs are not too chaotic for some parts. Also, the textures are one part, but i didnt really play seriously whyte materials aether, except making windows transparent (but i have done some dirty-glass texture longer time ago if im not mistaken) and mirrors reflective. You might need to look-up the material file too for reality-look ...you could also make a higher resolution texture too if you like (2x would be probably good for details and dirt/dust sediment effects), some places may be low-res due to space-coverage on UVs.

M7

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:39 pm »

Yeah ill check the mtl and stuff. Actually i created a roughness map with the base value of 1.0 for that quick test.

Eh! I found this under the tire, is that a flat tire mesh?

M7

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:45 pm »

Here's the final tire look. For some reason i thought the wheel cap was on the same uv. I might be missing something here...

PytonPago

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 01:51:00 am »

Yes - i wont to do a flat-tire simulation later on ... but im not sure if it stays, cause if i could simulate the pressure in the wheel by its deformation, it could be irrelevant, but need to play a little more with animations in blender and try some stuff in OT ... The wheel-cap (if ya mean the cantral cower for it) is a different mesh and its visible on another one (the cowered - back-section one), just find it in the script and give it a "true" to be visible, or check that other vehicle (you need to add the DDS into its folder too cause all have separate)

Also, the tire looks Awesome !

P.S.: Dont mind the BM-21 system in the model file yet -will UV it and add it later on, just needs some more work to be done on that one (plus still cant find a proper aiming-device description needed for it). I will post it whyte the blender and collada files, in the progress too .. (could actually add a 3DS if ya need)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:27:11 am by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »

Finally after a while i was not that pleased with that last tire rendering. I couldn't make/use normal map because of the way the UV was made (one piece flat). Not easy to explain the logic but with a flat UV representing a cercle,  the lighting of the bumps gets inverted from one side to the other.

So i went back to the UV file with max and separate the sides of the tire from the sole/tracks, to have two flat donuts and the flat sole.

Then i was able to make little ridges on the surface and lighting was correct. These are not final as i will try to get all the right details of the real one.

So if you prefer this rendering, i could give you a .uvw file (of only the tire) or a .fbx (with only the tire) that you can import in blender.

http://imgur.com/hI0vYaf

PytonPago

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 01:50:41 am »

i think it tries to find some specific bump on the mesh to determine the primary and secondary one for baking. When the model is perfectly symmetric and the low-res isnt a much more difference, it may pick them up in the wrong order and thus trying to bump it inside out (like he would take it more like a cave segment than a tire - doe i think there should be a way to choose witch is primal to solve this problem, i saw that on some blender vid. at least ) - Also, baking is more for artistic stuff - like if i would do some Maya paint-brush buildup to extreme levels and then decimate the model to 500-1000 verts, on witch the normals would be baken - adding texture afterwards accordingly.   ... other way is to do an detailed well fitted texture and use pixel-area processing tools like CrazyBump.   

Doe, you could try something else - make the tire for baking a little bigger than the prop for texturing - make all the fine deformations on it and after baking, it should be able to suppress the normal map intensity so that the size-difference made effect would be suppressed (maybe it wont be - not sure if the program checks surfaces on a greater scale and suppresses this already somehow - guess it is tool-dependent), while fine detail prevails. Doe, not sure how it will go, needs to be tested.

... yes, you can send me the file and i can look onto it, doe, splitting UVs will be little bad for all the other vehicle parts.

M7

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2014, 03:10:28 pm »

Ok hope this works like in Max. So in max, i select each tire at a time, set uvw Unwrap modifier, open the editor and finally load tire.uvw which instantly replace the uv. And it doesn't affect the other mesh UV (if the other mesh are not selected)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2SzJYNXJmNm1PRXM/edit?usp=sharing

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10