Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98261 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:26 pm »

A little tease for the future project heading. Have to wait till home to tune up the leaf-springs in script (in the end i had to do it the multiple pieces way, each whyte a different rotation multiplier), so in the meantime i work on this little fella for the flat-bed version. Its a soviet ZS-23-2 AA gun still in use by many armies.

Want to hook up and test the multiple-object opening script of mine in terms of stability whyte a turret and this seemed to me as a logical way for that. Also, later on a airfield service vehicle and fuel-transporter will come ( to make some airfield misc-vehicles objects available for the Mig), but one at a time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:18:59 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Fighter117

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2014, 10:44:27 am »

I can't upload ALL what you share because all the upload websites are spammed or no link to upload when i'm in the page... :(

PytonPago

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2014, 01:45:31 pm »

I can't upload ALL what you share because all the upload websites are spammed or no link to upload when i'm in the page... :(

damned sendspace and file-dropper ... always deleting stuff  >:( ... i go reupload them on Google-drive ... the "upnito.sk" works doe, but yes, Slovak language.  ::)

"edit: Should be there yet. Have fun ! (and let me know if i mixed the links up - done it in hurry)"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:25:55 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Fighter117

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »

Thank you very much !  ;)

PytonPago

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 01:45:37 pm »

So much to add .. but hope, the pure suspension version comes soon to public.

Timmo

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:45 pm »

Have those small details (i.e. the star etc on the ammo box) been modelled as geometry or texture? If it's the former, I think it would be better to model it with texture (i.e. bump/occlusion map) for performance reasons?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 01:33:48 am »

Make gun shoot boom!

That is my only request.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 02:14:35 am »

Have those small details (i.e. the star etc on the ammo box) been modelled as geometry or texture? If it's the former, I think it would be better to model it with texture (i.e. bump/occlusion map) for performance reasons?

... its my personal detail-thought to make it "physically detailed" (one day those models could be used for a top-notch mil-sim, where just reloading should go trough all the real-life procedures - then this detail will be needed, mostly on functional parts)

- want see how far OT can be pushed. Also, think Cameny and Angry will have something more interesting to show on a OT promo one day. :)

Will do textures - - - - - - one day  ::) (takes a lot of time and still isnt finished yet).   But youre right for the performance - would need Six hands for making other LODs for all my models, but i should do one day too.

Make gun shoot boom!

That is my only request.

Yes, would like Cameny to hook up the promo light-fitted bullets to it when finished. Than, some serious action can be going on - at least some night-time AA shooting at the BT-67.  :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:30:16 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 01:14:14 pm »

Dear fiends !

Finally the Alpha version of the Ural-4320 6x6 base textured and suspension-workig in different variants:

Version: 0.15 - Smooth

Working:
- Start up and stop with a key. :D
              - gas pedal working
              - HandBrake animated for parking
              - Gear-rod animated
              - ZU-23-2 AAGun System rotation (and its valves - still needs to be finished)
              - Speedmeter and RPMmeter
              - Front-lights (just hiding the bulbs till light-sources are in OT) ("L" key)
              - Windows (will be intensity-based later) ("ShiftUP" keybinding)
              - Suncowers ( with a little something extra  ;D )
              - Manual gear control
              - Multiple variations of the truck for the spawner menu (doe more variants possible by an easy slight manual script-modification(mostly for the engine-filter type or the wheel camo-cowers, but more stuff coming in time))
              - Complex suspension
              - Now uses fuel - you can run out of it ! But need to think about a gas-station yet. :D
              - sounds added again, doe engine-script requires a good sound-profile. That will need some recording done. :/

Planned next: - Horn-sound (works, doe sound system has to be re-done, cause i need some engine-sound samples) ("H" key)
                    - Whipers
                    - Instruments further enhancement
                    - Adjustable rear-mirrors
                    - In-car ventilation
                    - Turn lights, reverse and head lights
                    - Head-glass wipers
                    - Targeting device

(and the things where i have not much idea how i do it  ... at this time)
                    - Flat tire simulation
                    - illumination and some warning-diodes.

Turret rotation is the basic one. (Note, key-bindings are my preferred setting in the menu) Gears are shifted by the "ShiftUp" (Z) and "ShiftDown" (X) bindings. Opening stuff goes by the "AOpen" (O). Shifting between manual and automatic transmission on "Aux1" (T) and selection between Cabin-stuff and BackSection-stuff is trough "Aux3" (U) and "Aux4" (I). The fact, they open at the same time will be fixed somehow in the future (didnt want to use the same counter for them - too much stuff on some variants). Also, all the selection is shown in the "P"-invoked debug-window. Drive characteristic is little off (RPM gain is maybe a little too fast), but max-speeds and power should be approx. good.

Hoonking and head-light ON/OFF still there, doe as seen upper, needs some work to do.

For modders, all texture-files in a separate folder system + UV-Layouts and photohop-files included. Feel free to pimp those textures as ya wish.

Model itself is freeware too, doe cause of the size, you better PM me for it. (will paste it on the site someday too, when it isnt in such messy state as it is right now)

Here to get -- SMOOTH version:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGWC1pNzBSMDdiZnM/edit?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:51:23 pm by PytonPago »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »

You are truly a pioneer in this engine. I wish the gun would fire!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

You are truly a pioneer in this engine. I wish the gun would fire!

... be patient, Zeos, and maybe Santa will bring us some sparky-things too. Counting on Cameny on that one. :D

Also a little promo-vid:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:44:15 pm by PytonPago »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »

But do they moo?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 08:41:49 pm »

very nice Pago.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

sniperwolfpk5

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »

I just login for you to congratulate. What a incredible work. The modals the details are just awesome. Good Job :)

PytonPago

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »

But do they moo?

Damned you ... now they really look like cows in that camo for me !  ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10