Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Ural 4320-31  (Read 98635 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Ural 4320-31
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2014, 03:24:07 pm »

Its not much good of use those .uvw´s on Blender - not sure if they have any support for that format. Could you export the wheel itself to .obj ? 
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2014, 03:46:17 pm »

It would have been too easy :-(
Then here's an obj and a fbx of only the tire, but unfortunatly it got resized in the blender-fbx-3ds export/import

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2Q2cxZG5lSjRHNFE/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2X3JmaUY0SUZPQ0E/edit?usp=sharing

PytonPago

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2014, 12:06:22 am »

size is no problem ... i switch them all and upload the UVLayout n texture.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2014, 01:50:29 am »

Here you have the tire-revisioned OT-ready version, M7. (let me know if ya want the model file too)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGR19mS3g0QlJPOW8/edit?usp=sharing

Ill work now on the BM-21 system UVs and hope to finish the ZU-32 ... that will take a while (a lot of miniature stuff to cower on the launcher). Then stuff can be complete again after a longer time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:44:45 pm by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2014, 09:54:21 am »

Think i'm fine for now with the previous model.
The tire texture fits perfectly with that last version but i'm not sure about smooting on the tire. Think the threads looks better without, same with the gas tank on the side. The rest of the smooting on the vehicle looks good to me. Great job !!

http://imgur.com/481Zsyh

Now a few bugs.

The Ural-4320-31_Mil_BackSect_Frame has a sound stucked when spawned. The texture on the wheels rim cap (dont know the real word) doesn't show when spawned, but you can see the texture when you place them as object.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:16:39 am by M7 »

aWac9

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2014, 03:35:50 pm »

recommended
fantastic job
thank you very much, I made a simple video to see these mods.

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpJtjEKiPg

:o

PytonPago

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

hmm ... must check the script probably - all have a part that is the same and a specific part, sometimes got something bad at the specifics. Doe, know i have tested them, but i look at it and update (try using the script for that vehicle from the previous download (where the wheels were still one big flat UV - didnt do any changes there, so it might go whyte it too, or should do the same bad stuff)) ... yes, the oil can should be a little less smooth - probably will play whyte that modifier a little more too (have probably the meshes badly segmented so some parts look nice whyte a higher angle threshold than others and i somehow overlooked them), thanks for the info !

PytonPago

« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »

recommended
fantastic job
thank you very much, I made a simple video to see these mods.

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpJtjEKiPg

:o

Some of the dynamic functions were cool to show too, but ... damn, i should pay you for advertisement !  ;D  ;D  Also did notice just yet, that i forgot to add the corrected wheel .dds into the folders. Did it for the UV templates and forgot to put it into model directories.  ::)

M7

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 10:42:47 pm »

I was curious if i could use the V12 sound set from sonory, with the ural. It has ready slot for it in the .JS. I find  It work ok, probably not quite the right sound for the ural. The on load sound is probably too much.

PytonPago

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2014, 12:01:36 am »

The actual profile for sound modulation is wrong for that kind of vehicle - its a typical sport car, where the base-run sound is so much different from max RPM. Tried it whyte a set of sounds at different rpms i cut from youtube vids and it was too much - the math behind the modulation must be lowered, but i didnt continue, cause the sounds i picked arent much consistent cause of different microphones it was recorded. I would need a set from some engine-record testing -would be good to get some hands or friend at the Zil-motor factory there ... its just not it when there is a sound from a different truck (at least not for me).

M7

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »

This is how the V12 sample should sound using Hrrhrr script. I could not get the ural to sound as good using the current script.
Also this time i used a pedal. Make a big difference.

Would sure be nice to sample from an actual 4320 with good sampling equipment like these guys..

PytonPago

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2014, 01:43:55 pm »

Hmm ... would be great to get my hands on their data ...

thx_nb

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2014, 01:56:58 pm »

Also did notice just yet, that i forgot to add the corrected wheel .dds into the folders. Did it for the UV templates and forgot to put it into model directories.  ::)

I also have the camouflaged reflective tires with the newest version. Do you have a version with the correct wheel textures?

PytonPago

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2014, 02:04:46 am »

Also did notice just yet, that i forgot to add the corrected wheel .dds into the folders. Did it for the UV templates and forgot to put it into model directories.  ::)

I also have the camouflaged reflective tires with the newest version. Do you have a version with the correct wheel textures?

... look into the folder whyte the stuff for texture-creation white-in the OTs model-folder - the one there is the corrected and just copy it over all the different variations ...

thx_nb

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2014, 05:25:23 am »

The TextureCreationKit folder contains only .png and .psd files. Can I just rename a .png to .dds?
Sorry, no experience with texturing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10