Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Inspirational images  (Read 121454 times)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
Inspirational images
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:19 pm »

I thought it would be nice to start a thread with some inspiration for the devs. Nice pictures of nature and landscapes that we think Outerra should eventually look like :)

Here's one:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:12:27 am by DivineSense »
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
Re: Inspirational images
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:10:31 am »

NASA | From the Cockpit: The Best of IceBridge Arctic '13

By the way how do I embed videos in the forum? Solved ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:30:54 am by DivineSense »
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:12:59 am »

Really nice video!

Marko

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:36:28 am »

Multiple high quality pictures from space, shared by NASA :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/sets/72157641720644305/with/12866388595/
(Go to the album, right click, original scale for each picture)

Storm Clouds Over the Atlantic Ocean Near Brazil par NASA Goddard Photo and Video

Earths Horizon par NASA Goddard Photo and Video

I better understand why Cameni said he have difficulties to make a multi-level world cloud coverage, in real time. This is so much massive and full of details...

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:01:48 am »

How about this? Its the hugest color map of earth I've ever seen. I had fun zooming in trying to resolve it to individual pixels. Files are absolutely Ginormous!  :o

Largest file is nearly 400 megs!

http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-raster-data/10m-cross-blend-hypso/

In the downloads section you will also find road data, train data, border data.......
It's a treasure trove!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:31:52 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 09:38:27 am »

Those arctic pilots have my respect there - not much a safe airspace up there. Also, that Syuz photo has a something special, that would be nice in OT - those half-planet stretched cloud shadows in combination whyte atmospheric effects of the near downed sun. Remember to seeing one short vid (newer seen it again afterwards - was a long time ago too) where some russian craft in space was crossing to the dark side of earth and showed, how before it gone there, crossed an cloud-shadow - that is really THE EPIC lighting effect.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 10:37:25 pm »

Space station photo is lovely, makes me wonder what happened to Outerra's old ISS model? It's gone now :(

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 11:23:46 pm »

Space station photo is lovely, makes me wonder what happened to Outerra's old ISS model? It's gone now :(

The way the physics work, at least at the moment, it probably fell out of orbit.  ;)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Planets

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 11:48:07 pm »

The way the physics work, at least at the moment, it probably fell out of orbit.  ;)

And into the Pacific ocean  :'(

Well, at least we still have our trusty space destroyer Burke, patrolling the cosmic ocean

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 12:15:53 am »

Right next to the Space Battleship Yamato..........

Maybe Outerra will have massive space battles one day. (And we need caves to fly through!!!)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:19:59 am by HiFlyer »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:17 am »

Well, at least we still have our trusty space destroyer Burke, patrolling the cosmic ocean

... youre sure you dont need the GPS ? Navigating whyte just a map and trammels is hard and im not sure about that mine-looking and constantly peeping thingy called "CCCP" were hitting all the time. ... it could get the gods angry.   .... i dont like that kraken guy, they keep sending, hugging me.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:54:57 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:15 am »

and im not sure about that mine-looking and constantly peeping thingy called "CCCP" were hitting all the time. ... it could get the gods angry.   .... i dont like that kraken guy, they keep sending, hugging me.

That's no sputnik, it's a space mine!

professorx

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 01:53:33 am »

I this inspiration?

M7

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 04:51:16 pm »

Found some particle effect references.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:31:45 pm by M7 »

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 03:47:08 pm »

I downloaded the free version of Vue and played a bit with it. Extremely slow, but quite amazing results. Of course nothing realtime, but for inspiration :) Vue uses procedural terrain and "ecosystems" that populate areas with plants et.c. I guess that's a bit like Outerra works.
(This is not my work, just a sample someone uploaded to youtube)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:50:03 pm by DivineSense »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16