Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Inspirational images  (Read 123513 times)

aWac9

Re: Inspirational images
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2015, 01:35:41 pm »

Game of Thrones (HBO) - Hardhome (VFX Breakdown)

HiFlyer

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2015, 07:40:56 am »

Was doing a thread somewhere else and was thinking of this. All done by one guy, think of this as the Outerra of the last generation.

http://www.hangsim.com/vsf/

Vehicle Simulator is a unique simulator, combining land, underwater, sea surface, air and low orbit environments into one, the program makes it possible to drive, fly, sail, dive, and go into space in one convincing simulation environment. The program excels especially as a flight simulator and as a naval simulator combining the powers of two previous simulators Micro Flight and Virtual Sailor into one, however the game engine was completely re written and has far greater capability and capacity than any of the previous ones it was made of.

• Vehicle Simulator has some unique and innovative features that stand out compared to other programs of its kind, here are some of them:
    Ability to see air flow visualization, allowing you to learn how to soar cleverly using the rising currents of air caused by wind, thermals cloud suction.
    Ability to design your landscape easily inside the program itself, in 3D, editing everything including the ground and vegetation upon it.
    Ability to design your vehicle out of components, and elements, position and adjust each of them, giving your vehicle unlimited functionality.
    Built-in simulation of Hang Gliders, Para gliders, Hot air balloons, dirigibles, planes, gliders, rocket planes, boats, cars, micro lights, and more.
    Ability to import scenery directly out of SRTM data and using it on the fly without the need for any additional work.
    Simulating animals of all kinds, on land air and water, and allowing creation of new ones and programming their behavior.
    Simulating weapons of all kinds allowing you to practice weapon operation for the fun of it.
    Advanced recording and playback of flights, and addition of pre recorded vehicles into an exiting one.

The program uses fully documented file formats, and invites a hands on experiences, noting is locked away from the user, allowing third party add-ons to be easily made.

Vehicle Simulator was created by Ilan Papini first version released in March 2009. Vehicle Simulator is based upon Micro Flight and Virtual Sailor, and combines them into one powerful program containing :

• Excellent graphics from ground level and up.
    Excellent naval environment above and below water.
    Excellent atmospheric model from ground up to space.
    Excellent vehicle simulation for land, naval and flying vehicles.
    Component based vehicle design making the program a great engineering tool.
    Scripting language capability allowing complicated scenarios to be simulated and edited.
    Vehicle Simulator has a much denser scenery than these two programs, an excellent physical simulation, and a totally flexible vehicle design.

Vehicle Simulator includes a built in scenery and vehicle design, making it much simpler for users to create and share content than ever before.

The simple yet powerful vehicle design makes Vehicle Simulator an excellent learning tool and also a powerful preliminary design tool.

Vehicle Simulator was designed to run on the average gaming machine specs available for 2008, however it can be adjusted to run on machines with less performance. Vehicle Simulator is built to use DirectX9 with vertex and pixel shaders 2.0 and volumetric textures. It is essential that your computer has a video card which is compatible with DirectX9.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:48:47 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Mossie

« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2015, 09:35:16 am »

I've worked with the developer on this sim, and he has quite a few of my models in game. For me they are mid range in detail. So some will be coming to Outerra, but only after have a poly boost.

HiFlyer

« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2015, 02:51:03 pm »

I've worked with the developer on this sim, and he has quite a few of my models in game. For me they are mid range in detail. So some will be coming to Outerra, but only after have a poly boost.

That should be very interesting!

HiFlyer

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »

I like the Avatar  :)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:43:57 am by HiFlyer »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2015, 04:26:42 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=621&v=O8WBLBleUr0

12 fps with that config? 

Intel I7 3960k (overclocked to 4.8ghz)
2xGTX 980
2x Samsung 840 SSD's running in raid
16 gb of 2000 mhz corsair dominator gt DDR3
Asus Rampage 4 extreme

Ouch...
:o

HiFlyer

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2015, 07:51:56 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=621&v=O8WBLBleUr0

12 fps with that config? 

Intel I7 3960k (overclocked to 4.8ghz)
2xGTX 980
2x Samsung 840 SSD's running in raid
16 gb of 2000 mhz corsair dominator gt DDR3
Asus Rampage 4 extreme

Ouch...
:o

Well its a PMDG plane he's flying, and those things suck FSX dry. These frame rates go a long way in explaining why flight sim fans are so hungry for an alternative.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2015, 11:15:52 am »

... why flight sim fans are so hungry for an alternative.

Well, I do not think so, because otherwise the OT-forum was full of Flysim-Funs ... but is not the case.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

bomber

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »

To understand the flight sim community you have to consider that they want something better than what they've got now, right out the box, no bugs, low cost...

Fortunately we don't meet the requirements....  Phew.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:27 am »

Mostly I think its that the flightsim community has become ultra conservative, and tied so tightly to the FSX ecosystem that its hard for anything else to catch serious attention unless it offers such an obvious advantage that its a no brainer. Outerra is not quite there yet, but once cities and airports arrive, I don't see any way it can be ignored. It will be the modders that lead the way.

ddenn

« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2015, 03:26:59 am »

... why flight sim fans are so hungry for an alternative.

Well, I do not think so, because otherwise the OT-forum was full of Flysim-Funs ... but is not the case.

It was flooded with fans five years ago after Himalayan video, and every flight community site had topic or even forum section dedicated to Outerra. But since then there wasn't much progress of OT in flightsim direction, so they all returned to their fsx, x-plane etc. And I think it will take en effort now to get them back.
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2015, 07:55:42 am »

I think most of the flight community is starting to understand that a all-in-the-box full simulation is not going to happen anymore, and as a result are expecting less from new sims.
The big turning point for many users seems to be roads and buildings, they often ask on Avsim what is the sate of the OSM integration. A pristine world is not enough to be convincing for them, but many seems to be interested to follow Outerra as soon as it will have the capability to be a nice looking VFR simulator :)

HiFlyer

« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2015, 11:56:01 pm »

Imagine this. To bad the company went out of business years ago (too expensive) and the software is only available as a demo now. Reminds me very much of Cities Skylines

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:00:20 am by HiFlyer »

HiFlyer

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

Hot off the presses from Unigine, a look at their own round earth procedural tech.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16