Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Vehicle problems  (Read 6584 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Vehicle problems
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

- The vehicles have a lot of s&!t going on... glitches, bugs, errors, lag, frame drop, ... etc. .. you name it!
Please elaborate what you are referring to here.

*Well there are multiple ones... I will categorize them as "general" ( for all type of vehicles ), "jet plane", "cesna", "truck".

*I will keep adding observation in this first post.( just check the date after each paragraph to know when it was posted )

- general:

a)

^ When moving/driving with the truck, flying the cesna or the jet there is some kind of interference for a period of 0.2 < - > 0.8 seconds ( max. 1 sec ).And you get stuck or your vehicle changes direction, and the camera starts wobbling and spinning for that duration of time and as well there are tears in the ground or something similar but white squares appear moving (because of the wobbling and spinning of the camera) and a squeaky sound it is made from distorting the sound of the audio file of the specific vehicle (a sound made of the audio file like it would be with 1000x speed). ( posted 13 August 2013 )

- jet plane:

a)

^ ( post coming soon... )

- cesna:

a)

^ This one happens a lot! You can achieve it by hitting the plane in to the ground (usually when landing or hitting the ground without the plane bouncing of it).Or you can get the same effect just by driving the plane on the ground and not taking off.Some detail about the screenshot are that the plane was moving normally like nothing had happened and I just needed to bump it or something or flip it to reset to its scripted position.( the screenshot is made from 2 different angles so you can see that it was not just a snapshot while I was crash landing it, I was just moving/driving it around ) ( posted 13 August 2013 )

^ And a different angle.So basically the plane was in the same position for some time.I actually drove it around for a few minutes till I managed to bump the box around on its original horizontal state without interfering with the stats window and resetting it just by trying to bump the plane again in to rocky terrain.When I was driving it on the asphalt nothing happened, it was like a statue moving.

- truck:

a)

^ ( post coming soon... )

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:20:26 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: Vehicle problems
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:29:36 am »

I see the problems. But i dont understand why you are trying to use a plane as a car.

Maybe JSBSim cannot handle driving planes, which do not take off over all the time, on high velocity over small rocks. Maybe we need to adjust the vehicle scripts for getting this working. Maybe one does not simply drive with planes without flying them.

Midviki

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:21 am »

necro: "High velocity" ... I barely had 2 - 5 miles per hour.I was trying to get to the road so I can take off.

But the thing is that it was stuck in that position for a few minutes and I was moving with it like a statue.It just froze like a statue and I was moving it.
So basically was a gravity problem when reacting with the ground.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:47:32 am »

Actually there is a reason why airports removing stones from the runway. On this stage the vehicle simulation is somewhat arcadic. You cannot expect to get full reality. And therefore vehicles flipping sometimes after hitting stones. But instead of complaining about that you could use your programming skills for improving the vehicle scripts?

Complaining is easy, improving queasy. So thats why the most people just do the first and doesnt benefit the second. Are you one of the first group?

Midviki

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:56:58 am »

Actually there is a reason why airports removing stones from the runway. On this stage the vehicle simulation is somewhat arcadic. You cannot expect to get full reality. And therefore vehicles flipping sometimes after hitting stones. But instead of complaining about that you could use your programming skills for improving the vehicle scripts?

Complaining is easy, improving queasy. So thats why the most people just do the first and doesnt benefit the second. Are you one of the first group?

Sir!... you are a feisty one!You don't give up.. do you?  :D

Well I modified for example the truck script a bit... but what is happening with the cesna has nothing to do with the script.Same thing happens sometimes with other types of vehicles.So I do not know from where the problem is! ... yet.  :)
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

I quite found some of the flipping being done when the car parameters are not much realistically made  - too much power at last gears for a light car makes the car get enormous "ground hit forces" to be calculated - then the suspension (if not balanced well) will act the same magnitude the opposite way and you're made an anti-gravity. ;D  There is no max or min for those forces yet, so if the parameters are out of balance, it will make some serious flying going on, at the same time, gears dont behave as they should too ...  had my 13,5 ton thingy flying a lot too, till i got the right balance. But when the vehicle script will be enhanced, then it will be good ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Midviki

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:32 am »

had my 13,5 ton thingy flying a lot too

Yep... I know that too! ... I saw my nephew doing it!... I will ask him and do some research as well on how it works.  ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670