Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: StaleNation Gameplay and ideas.  (Read 21235 times)

Cronin

• Programmer and Game Developer.
Re: StaleNation Gameplay and ideas.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 12:27:08 pm »

I have actually been very busy of late. Moving into my final year in school and trying to find a balance for development has been tricky. I have fully finished AI coding behaviours and used cryengine to test these. I have begun the creation of a pretty complex program that will scan google earth images to create detailed 3d models of all of earths major cities. I will be using these in Outerra of course for StaleNation.

I am sorry for the slow updates recently but StaleNation is still in development.

As ItsThomas said I will soon be starting a kickstarter for this game as well as opening an official website. See you guys soon.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 03:23:11 pm »

I have actually been very busy of late. Moving into my final year in school and trying to find a balance for development has been tricky. I have fully finished AI coding behaviours and used cryengine to test these. I have begun the creation of a pretty complex program that will scan google earth images to create detailed 3d models of all of earths major cities. I will be using these in Outerra of course for StaleNation.

I am sorry for the slow updates recently but StaleNation is still in development.

As ItsThomas said I will soon be starting a kickstarter for this game as well as opening an official website. See you guys soon.
Personally I would hold off on the Kickstarter bit until there is a playable concept. Unless you're a famous dev. with years of experience, something that's nothing more than an idea (though a good one), won't sell.
I also would love to hear more about your plans for the game. I have never played DayZ but I've watched people on youtube play it, and I can't help but feel it sometimes turns in to a jogging simulator. Even traversing all that terrain by car takes ages and the size is nothing compared to Outerra, which is absoulutely vast! How are you planning on dealing that issue? (if it's even an issue?).

Cronin

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »

Well how about this. I will make a video for you all explaining my idea and the way i will be tackling it. I will answer all questions here on this thread.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.

Cronin

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:01 pm »

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

Whale oil beef hooked! You've got your work cut out for you. That did answer my question, but left me with some worries. Completing something of this scale with a one man team sounds ridiculous, but on the other hand I'm not at all familiar with procedural game design. What I would love to see added to Outerra right now is something simple but well executed. For instance a simple FPS or third person shooting mode where you can kill a zombie AI. Could that be possibility in the near future?

Cronin

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »

That is what i am aiming my pre-alpha to be.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:17 am »

Hey, I hope this one is still a go. This is a great idea, and on an engine such as Outerra it could be the exact thing I'm looking for from zombie survival games. I hope you're still working on it. :)
Keep it up and good luck!

PS: your YT video isn't available anymore.

Cronin

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:09 pm »

This is still a go. Just considering moving to another engine for a prototype until Outerra is fully finsihed.
Pages: 1 [2]