Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Will satellites be shooting ION cannons?  (Read 3887 times)

James

Will satellites be shooting ION cannons?
« on: August 22, 2013, 12:06:10 pm »

I was thinking, will there be satellites to shoot ION cannons rather than an imaginary beam coming from the sky? I thought it was a cool thing to bring up. In Garry's Mod I downloaded a weapon pack with an ION cannon, and it makes a large explosion with a beam from the ground to the skybox. So with Outerra, do you think the game would have satellites in space to shoot ION cannons, a nuke from another location that has to go through space to the destination, or a drone that has to take off and come to a location. I just wanted to bring that up, what do you guys think about it?

Jagerbomber

Re: Will satellites be shooting ION cannons?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:46:25 pm »

rather than an imaginary beam coming from the sky?

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there....

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

SpaceFlight

Re: Will satellites be shooting ION cannons?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:22 am »

I was thinking, will there be satellites to shoot ION cannons rather than an imaginary beam coming from the sky? I thought it was a cool thing to bring up. In Garry's Mod I downloaded a weapon pack with an ION cannon, and it makes a large explosion with a beam from the ground to the skybox. So with Outerra, do you think the game would have satellites in space to shoot ION cannons, a nuke from another location that has to go through space to the destination, or a drone that has to take off and come to a location. I just wanted to bring that up, what do you guys think about it?

Will it be possible for objects (like missiles, drones, airplanes etc.) to leave and reenter the Earth's atmosphere? I think yes.
Will an object in space be able to fire a laser, ion ray etc. from space to Earth? I think that is going to be possible.
Will it be in the first Outerra game? I don't know.
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan