Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Clouds - a peek at the work in progress

<< < (29/30) > >>

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: KW71 on June 04, 2015, 01:52:21 pm ---The animation don't look like the clouds are moving; instead these are growing in one side while decreasing in the opposite.

--- End quote ---

No wind speed. Also, after I played around with settings the shimmering went away. Wow. There are a heck of a lot of controls to play with on this thing. I dont know what half of them do!  :o

aWac9:
outerra animation is a layer ..
perhaps the clouds are low layers .. I guess when to add more screens these change depending on the height.
we know something about the clouds? He is working on it, or folder still outstanding issues.?

clasificacion-nubes by Manuel Goya, en Flickr

ceilometer by Manuel Goya, en Flickr

aWac9:

2eyed:
But after all, their clouds are still spinning photo billboards, I would presume.

cudd:
Fantastic clouds with what I imagine is a negligible performance impact. Seems to be a good compromise between full realistic cloud-lighting via ray-marching and just using billboards.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you're getting the details to light correctly without doing some sort of ray-marching. Is there some sort of hacky way of doing it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version