Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Clouds - a peek at the work in progress  (Read 115929 times)

James

Re: Clouds - a peek at the work in progress
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »

1 more day.... not... gonna... make it.......

I didn't even realize GTA V came out tomorrow... It's kind of funny because I'm suppose to get my parts to build a new computer Wednesday, which means I can play actually GTA V.. and Anteworld with high settings! :D

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 01:45:17 am »

This thread is addressed to the clouds and GTA V will be released for console first. You'll have to wait a long time to get the pc version.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 01:51:00 am »

True!

BAck on topic though, with the water physics in place I hope to see some interaction between clouds and sea.
Storms, big waves, hell even water sprouts could be added! That would be so cool!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:09 am »

You'll only have to wait a month or so for PC version of GTA5. That's not a long time.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 08:17:30 am »

You'll only have to wait a month or so for PC version of GTA5. That's not a long time.

Actually it has classically been a 6 month wait. And this time Rockstar isn't even saying they are doing one. There is a petition with 500,000+ signatures for a PC release.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2013, 08:46:59 am »

Actually it has classically been a 6 month wait. And this time Rockstar isn't even saying they are doing one. There is a petition with 500,000+ signatures for a PC release.
And now there are 500,001 signatures.  ;D
Resident of Outerra

Jagerbomber

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2013, 05:38:19 pm »

Well there's today they found more evidence of a possible PC version as well as possible PS4 version (more specifically the code said "Orbis," the PS4's codename before it was announced) in the code on the 360 disc.

I mean, it IS too late in the current console generation for, at least, GTA Online to not to come to next-gen in some form.  I just hope they do what some publishers are doing and let you upgrade to the next-gen version for $10.  But I fear that discount might not happen for the PC version... :(  If not, they REALLY should have announced the PC version before launch, because that f-ing sucks.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

zwd

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:36 am »

To the dev folks.  Will there be different algorithms for different types of clouds?  Clouds are formed differently based on their distance from the ground.  There is a low, middle, and high cloud layer with only the cumulonimbus (thunderstorm cloud) being in all the layers and above them.  Rain only comes from 2 types of clouds also: nimbostratus and the cumolonimbus.

Perhaps it would help you to know the types of clouds and the places/time of year they are most likely seen.

Atrax

• AtraxGaming Game Shop
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2013, 06:10:57 am »

They said in an interview couple of months ago that there will be a PC version of GTA5 like there always was. But you'll have to wait couple of months. reason why they didn't announce it properly is cause they want to sell as many console copies of the game as possible, cause games for consoles are more expensive. In my opinion Rockstar has lost something that was making them awesome before and are getting to the point to being as EA is. Which is sad to say the least.
Again this will be another pathetic console port like GTA4 was, I'm pretty much sure about that (that doesn't mean game itself is bad, I want to point that out before someone says I'm dissing the game).
But yea, there will be a PC version of GTA5 100%. That is certain.
Also when ppl were asking for Red Dead Redemption for PC, Rockstar said, that PC gamers will get their fix of Rockstar games between L.A. Noire, Max Payne and GTA4 to keep them busy until GTA5 is released for PC. They said that before we even saw first screens of GTA5, right when they announced GTA5. So PC version is not in the air, it's guaranteed. No need to loose sleep over it. So I don't get why ppl are making petitions for no reason.
But we're getting off topic here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:36:10 am by Atrax »

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:21 am »

sorry guys but this post about clouds in Outerra is of prime importance for many of us...who are interested in OT and not in other stuff.
I'd like you open another thread about GTA somewhere else...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

Jagerbomber

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »

Yeah, sorry about that...  :-[ :-X
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »

We have to distract ourselves from the topic or we may all go mad. MAD!

Until we have clouds just put it into the back of your mind.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 04:07:18 am »

;) I do understand what you mean in saying "we need to distract with something else"
I did not want to be aggressive...  :D
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

skyman

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2013, 11:14:41 am »

It would be really awesome if the clouds are moving in the sky and I can't wait to see slowly moving clouds on the evening sky!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:29 am »

I'm interested in seeing what the clouds do when they are in line to smash into a mountain. They can't just pass through so some weird and awesome scripting to bypass and shape the clouds around the mountains.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10