Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: AKs  (Read 84969 times)

M7

Re: AKs
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 12:08:41 am »

Found some new tricks to get the edge wear on metal. Think it does the job this time  :).  The piece with the white arrow has not been UV, just to let you know.

I'll still review the other materials. Here you can see that i reworked the bakelite mag but i'm not sure about it. Will give it another try.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 01:01:18 am »

Edge wear looks great just a bit too even It should get narrow and wide randomly. What are your thoughs on the magazine?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 01:49:26 am »

Dam, its better than i thought ! You've got golden hands M7.

... yes, i mentioned that at the AKSUs photo ... by mistake i gave it an else material, like the UV was. I also found some problematic parts (two little inverted normals and some faces missing from the rear sights bottom part too) witch i already have repaired. Im actually in the middle of making the UV for the 1P29 optical sight, so i give you that right when its finished. (added also some receiver spring into it) Just be a little patient ...

Isnt as much as you think Zeos ... AKSUs were primarily thought for police (just for really bad situations, i think you can imagine the Caucasus in the 90s) and mechanized brigades (for drivers-mechanics). If ya seen some of those guys guns, you would put even more wear on it. :D Magazines are alright id say. Its quite a special material and wear isnt much specially visible till ya look it up the reflection angle, or have a really bad n deep scratch on them ... doe, they have a littlre extra from thew production facility:

(there is a few of those signs due to production facility identification) .. but dont think its needed until it has some HD ultra resolution texture. There some other stamps would be visible, like the fire-selector details and parts ID stamps (mostly if some part goes bad or broken, its for the factory to find the production bash and make sure there isnt some fault in others from it):

I actually thought, if something more special couldn't be done there - lets say a set of 0-9 numbers texture set and in script, it would assemble it on a number generator basis - been thinking of it for the urals plates too (well, the initial fuel amount is yet defined like this, so why the heck not) ... It would need some special decals texture-meshes for that, but i think it could be good to have the numbers always changing.

... but if youre just saying there isnt enough of them :D :

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:03:35 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 12:23:59 pm »

I think ill still give it a try to the bakelite mag. The closeup reference gives me ideas. Its more like a very fine meshed fiberglass.

As for markings, i get a bit confused with many models on the same uv as i dont know much what piece is for what gun.  Theres's also some details that could be added with normal map, will try to add stuff that i can tell is going on a specific model. As for different marking for a same model, i could put them on layers, then save as many version as you like.

PytonPago

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 04:44:38 pm »

I think ill still give it a try to the bakelite mag. The closeup reference gives me ideas. Its more like a very fine meshed fiberglass.

As for markings, i get a bit confused with many models on the same uv as i dont know much what piece is for what gun.  Theres's also some details that could be added with normal map, will try to add stuff that i can tell is going on a specific model. As for different marking for a same model, i could put them on layers, then save as many version as you like.

... i see youve bitten into it pretty hard. :D Well, as for markings, just three would be visible, the serial number on the back of the receiver-cover, the fire selector ones (AB (Automatic) and OD (single fire)) and the left side serial (those boxes near front-guard parts) :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 12:39:49 pm »

Well, thanks to the hard work of M7, here s the beta texture version :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGUXBxZmQ2a3FkNms/view?usp=sharing

M7, i made the UV for the scope, repaired inverted faces and made a re-pack. I hope, it will be more helpfull like this now ... i also adding the model file, for you and anybudy who likes to tamper around it a little (mind, its a free thing, anyone can do what he wants whyte the model - well, till someone plans to sell that thing off course).     Ill try to make the GP-25s UV too sometime so ill update it again when i have it. Meanwhile, good luck whyte your texture play and happy Christmas and new-year to all !!

M7

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

Thanks for the update. Do you plan to add the gp25 to existing UV like the metal one ? If so i might wait to get completed UV before finalising the texture. But ill sure make some more test with these.

PytonPago

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 03:05:36 pm »

Thanks for the update. Do you plan to add the gp25 to existing UV like the metal one ? If so i might wait to get completed UV before finalising the texture. But ill sure make some more test with these.

... no, the existing one waits for two more AK-variants. Namely, the Vytiaz SMG - witch is a slightly longer AKSU, on 9mm luger munition ( above the bizon - has MP-5-ish mags ) and the PP-19 Bizon. (so all stuff remains on places where they are in the UV) When, i dont know yet, have a lot of things to do on the Ural during Christmas vacations ... well, possibly a saiga-12 too, but there is enough space for those few things.

Also, all accessories will have separate UVs (i plan a quite lot of scopes, maybe RIS stuff too afterwards ... doe, will take some whyle) so no worries.

I also made a scope reticule - not sure how to set the material properly so its rightly transparent ... and some more if illumination texture possibility will come - so dawn-scoping is possible someday too.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:37:05 pm by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

Damn, i just remembered the opacity test cubes - Thanks KW71 !! --- a little patch for that scope reticule then :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGTlNONURZRWZpLWs/view?usp=sharing

... install the package and then this "patch". ( didn't want to make a re-pack again  ::) )

M7

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »

It looks good. I double checked and everything on the model has been UV. So i'll still wait for the last 2 variants to finalise the textures, since there's quite a bit of manipulation to get stuff like occlusion, curvature map etc ... And also i wont be around during the holidays vacation so i might not play with it before sometime in january.

M7

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »

Now i'm thinking, for scope to work,  OT would have to be able to switch between field of view on the fly?

And happy holidays to you as well. Looks like it's going to be  busy time as usual :-)

PytonPago

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 01:51:39 am »

Now i'm thinking, for scope to work,  OT would have to be able to switch between field of view on the fly?

And happy holidays to you as well. Looks like it's going to be  busy time as usual :-)

... if you knew my and my brother, you would know, that there is no holiday ... just work time, and the fun work time. But youre right, some winter-mountains await us too. ;D

M7

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2014, 11:18:42 pm »

Oh crap, i forgot Python's AK outside  :o  Another paint coat and nobody will notice  ;D

PytonPago

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 01:35:03 am »

And a christmasy ice-frost ! :D

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »

Excellent work! Will these be able to be carried by the 'mercenary'? I like the scope reticle detail, very detailed accurate models and realistic textures.

It would be good to produce low resolution versions, but it is always best to work in hi res. ;)

Have you considered animating the moving parts firing. Soon the API will support animation sequences for FBX. Bolt operation, brass ejection, fire selector, trigger pull, etc... could all be animated and called from events in JavaScript. There are methods you can call to adjust the camera field of view for fps. I wonder if there are camera zoom, depth of field and focus parameters? If so you could script variable zoom and focus scope using an optical look up table.

I would be happy to help with scripting if you would like!

Regards,
Uriah
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11