Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: AKs  (Read 84965 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: AKs
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »

59 dollars ... like that tutorials are present. Very nicely.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:21 pm »

I actually fell off for the suite... for 100$ ;D  I can only imagine the amount of hours these things will save me.

PytonPago

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 12:50:58 am »

I actually fell off for the suite... for 100$ ;D  I can only imagine the amount of hours these things will save me.

Youre better get hired by Cameny for model texturing then. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 07:59:47 am »

I dont know about getting a new job but i can very well see these kind of tools be used by the OT team for the terrain customization and maybe on user models. Like Ddo is essentially a kind of procedural texturing tool that apply parametric environmental effect on a mesh or on a multitude of mesh and on all map at the same time (diffuse. specular etc...). So it's kind of a similar approach as what OT is already doing. I don't know if they could use Quixel tool directly or if they would have to create similar tools, but i find this kind of stuff is really inline with the direction i think OT is going.

M7

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:39 am »

Can you share the updated blender version? I'd like to give it a try at texturing it using quixel software

PytonPago

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

M7

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 05:44:57 pm »

Great thanks! Also is it much trouble for you to single out one model on a blender file? I'm afraid it would take me a long time to figure out which piece goes with which model. If so, get me the most basic one. If it works like i think it should work, i would do one model and then i could use the same material preset and apply it on the other models.

I have to admit that quixel software is not as easy to use  as i thought. There's a big learning curve at first and also the it's still in beta so it's not easy to find documentation but I think it should pay off in the long run.

M7

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »

Ok i just saw that you grouped each material type on separate uv so it's probably not possible to single out one model. So i'll probably work one  material at a time (across all model) so no need for you to single out a model.

PytonPago

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2014, 01:47:22 am »

Ok i just saw that you grouped each material type on separate uv so it's probably not possible to single out one model. So i'll probably work one  material at a time (across all model) so no need for you to single out a model.

... you could delete all the parts, till just one model remains and then do the baking / qixeling. It should keep the positions of the UVs and so you would just merge them (when you do it for each model) afterwards ... if it works as i think.

Yes, i wanted to have some control over metal plastic and wood trough the matlib file. That may be a big problem, but maybe you could do just whyte the sets of the same material like that too ...

M7

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 02:03:58 am »

Finally got myself to get back on texturing Python's AK using the quixel DDO tools. I had a hard time with it last fall as the program was still in beta. It is not much more usable now. It's still basic texture but i think it should do for now.

Here i have only have the wood and metal textured. Still have to do the mags and ABS.

PytonPago

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 02:43:14 am »

OMG M7 ! That wood looks smexy ! ... damn, i have to find time to UV the grenade launcher and optics .... and model an SVD and PKM next - theyre will look fabulous whyte that wood-texture.

M7

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:51 am »

Glad you like :-)

M7

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2014, 12:05:36 am »

I have all the elements that was UVed textured now, except for a bit of metal that is on top of the orange Mag. Not sure why.  The black ABS looks a bit too similar to the metal so i think i'll revisit the metal texture later when you'll have the scope and grenade launcher UVed. But i'm pretty happy with it for a first attempt. I made an embossed motif on ABS handle. I was not sure if it was something you wanted.

PytonPago

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2014, 02:14:58 am »

Mags have metal ends for dis-assembly of it. Not much heard of them being much cleaned, but im sure there are muddy trials hey go trough too. The pistol-grip is nice. Wooden have them not, but there are bakelite versions too (think was some weight reduction and production speeder somewhere during soviet-afgan war)

The ABS and Bakelite (black ones) parts arent much different on sight, doe, material in light reflections is behaving different. (thats why i done it in a separate material, so i could tweak the mtl file to get a better fit for it). Doe, wear patterns are different compared to metal ones ...

Also, the most characteristic wear "pattern" is probably on this one, if ya ever want to play on more details :

The fire-selector has a bump on it to get fixed on the position, thats why almost all have the distinct white spline there ... basically its almost to a 1 mm wrip, made by going to fire n safety so much during drills. (no one ewer cared doe, as the metal itself is really resistant even in harsh conditions - izhmash knows theyr material science well indeed).

Let me know if ya would like me to make an higher UV resolution, can quite imagine its a pain to pixel-precise paint when there is so much stuffed on it.

It will take some whyle till i get to UV those other stuffs ... have lately a lot of unexpected things + yesterday an instant flood in the house to deal whyte ... ( and i wanted to have at-least the BTRs interior done already :P ) So il get to it much probably somewhere between christmas and silvester, when it all cools down a bit.

Also, could i get those DDSs ? ... i want pretty much.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:23:55 am by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 10:59:58 am »

Here's the files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2Z21yaTZ1QkdUazA/view?usp=sharing

its quite a chalenge to make nice wear edge with quixel tools when you dont have a normals map baked from a high poly mesh to a low poly. That's where the software finds most of its information to find edges (for the pros). i could always try do them manually but id really like to find a way to get them without using high poly->low poly baked normals. So ill try some more stuff.

the bakelite material is interesting texture. i did see it while seaching on google but i went for the kind of plastic/abs instead. ill try to get a bakelite version.   

i dont need a higher res uv as i didnt use the one you provided. i made all maps at 2k but for the metal mesh i will try 4k as the uv has more meshes on it that the others.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11