News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: AKs  (Read 86005 times)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: AKs
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2015, 11:40:46 am »

....вед я тоже ми-8,-24 и ВМП-2 как урала детаилно сделать хочу...

ДружиЩе, ну у тебя планы впрямb, как у Наполеона! :D

А если сУрёзно, то при наличии таких планов надо думать
о том, а не лучше ли будет нам всем объединится?!
На мой скромный взгляд это поможет и время доработок сократить,
и эфиктивнее, качественно воплощать свои проекты. ;)

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

SteelRat

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2015, 11:58:35 am »

последни раз был упдейт оутерры касающиса персонажа ...
I know. After updating looked.

SteelRat

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

Объединяться, это всегда продуктивно!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2015, 12:05:29 pm »

... i just love to make those models to max. functionality ... i wont touch textures, more sophisticated scripting or animations ... Naaa ahhh.  =D  =D

Just speed-modeled the magazine today ( why does it look better than the gun ? ... doe, textures will change that feeling ) :

... CS views :D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »

Update ... whyte blender files and the basic textures, if anyone wants them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGLTU2SGxZSDQ4VFE/view?usp=sharing
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »

Everyone has their own preference. one can better deal with textures, with other scripts, animations etc., but one thing is certain, we are much further from everything and a lot faster if we unite. Finally, we the OT-Engine has all brought together, now why not take this opportunity to come forward much more quickly, because time does not silend it ticking for everyone - tick-tak, tak-tick ... =D :) ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:34 pm »

Everyone has their own preference. one can better deal with textures, with other scripts, animations etc., but one thing is certain, we are much further from everything and a lot faster if we unite. Finally, we the OT-Engine has all brought together, now why not take this opportunity to come forward much more quickly, because time does not silend it ticking for everyone - tick-tak, tak-tick ... =D :) ;)

... my brain is going to be transfered to a machine ... well, i hope. Such a willan cant just go to waste. :D :D Dont worry, if help will be needed, i tell.  ;)

M7

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2015, 09:57:11 pm »

Do you have UV for every parts? Looks like it.

PytonPago

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2015, 04:09:06 am »

Do you have UV for every parts? Looks like it.

... exept the grenade-launcher (but will be on separate UV, like optical devices). Doe, came down to the thing i had feared. Wanted orifinally to have all the weapons as a single-model to preserve some space due to usage of some of the same parts. Yet, i had a longer discussion with a guy doing some mods elswhere and seems i will have to abandon this idea all together -- meaning, i have to re-do the hierarchy and UVs after all. That will be taking a little time ... doe, in the end, each weapon will have a separate UV, getting better resolution and engravements/labelling will be better to do, but i have a little problem elswhere ...

Still all the weapon parts will be in the blender file together (only exported and OT-imported separately), but i do the hierarchy for each separate weapon, duplicating the stuff, that is used several times and give all the stuff for each weapon to its own separate UV. Yet the problem comes with aditional equipement. My guns now are in basic versions, but all butt-stocks and grips will be widened trough RIS-versions and aditional equipement on those and the same for some of the reciever-cowers (doe reciever cowers arent a problem cause i add just a RIS mesh atop it) ... meaning, there will be sometimes 3 or 5 versions of the grips/stocks and i have two ways now :

1.) Ill do a separate UV for each weapon just for stocks and another for the additional equipement (the bad thing is, i had to leave empty spaces in each weapon UV for aditional stocks, witch will only come, and i would gradually add them into these UVs ... its kinda what i have done till yet, but probably isnt much good for possible changes due to space, or for work that you want and need to do with it)

OR

2.) Ill start do certain parts with separate UVs, witch texture-size will be smaller acordingly to the resolution of the gun (if three frontgrips - ech will have its own smaller UV) and the same for each additional equipement (RIS-mounted hand-guards of various types, flash-lights, lasers etc - kinda like the optical devices, but these would have the textures smaller too, acording to the size of each element). It would be kinda better as aditional stuff can be called in and placed trough script and other modders could add theyr own pieces to it this way easyer, having theyr own UVs ...

It shouldnt take too much time - top 2 days to re-shuffle the stuff both in blender meshes and the UVs.
I thought to go the second way. But im not sure it it is good to have so much texture files in a game ... doe, can be just my stupid feeling (well at least my vehicles have a ton of them ... but they arent small objects like small-arms are). What ya say M7 ? Should i really do it the second way ?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:12:08 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2015, 08:59:27 am »

And this is how the Vytiaz looks like whyte the magazine (didnt include textures as i will re-arange things in the flender file and UVs). Of course, handgrip (for the basic conical-shaped) and front-grip(for one whyt RIS-mounts as for nowadays production) will be changed.

... and a little lenght comparison. Originaly i thought the Bison is longer than AKS74U, but its actually not. So in the end its Vitiaz, Bison and AKS74U, (latter is longer). Mainly cause both PPs are actually shortened in theyr body-frame cause of the 9x19 bullets, whyle the AKS74U has the same body-frame lenght as classic AKs. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:01:57 am by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2015, 11:10:37 am »

I dont know seems to me that you can keep one or two UV per material as you have now and import gun models and accessories geometry  separately... if they can all share the same package.

If for some reason, you still have to redo all UVs, then it's not a problem for me as i dont mind to redo the textures. It's just that i'll have to wait for quixel software to be updated so that i can create preset for each material that will show in more than one UV.

PytonPago

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2015, 11:54:13 am »

I dont know seems to me that you can keep one or two UV per material as you have now and import gun models and accessories geometry  separately... if they can all share the same package.

If for some reason, you still have to redo all UVs, then it's not a problem for me as i dont mind to redo the textures. It's just that i'll have to wait for quixel software to be updated so that i can create preset for each material that will show in more than one UV.

... ill allways do one material per UV ... so shouldnt be problematic (i just keep the same material settings).

M7

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »

All good then 😃

SteelRat

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »

Hi PytonPago!

This is the correct version.

Please edit the file
Code: [Select]
Scripts\ptm\config.jsand give it to me.

PytonPago

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2015, 03:52:07 am »

Hi PytonPago!

This is the correct version.

Please edit the file
Code: [Select]
Scripts\ptm\config.jsand give it to me.

... this is from the last version if i remember (it should be all there was) ... still making the changes needed in blender ... but once i have all set right, ill post all - the model, the .otx package, texture-related files and i make an update re-write for this script in the config.js here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11