Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Drop out of school to make a game?  (Read 14687 times)

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: Drop out of school to make a game?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:24:18 pm »

So what? An outerra sdk needs two  more years minimum. It will probably released when you finished school, so your arguments are invalid.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 04:33:30 pm »

So what? An outerra sdk needs two  more years minimum.

I would say, probably in 5y. Still a long way ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

James

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »

So what? An outerra sdk needs two  more years minimum. It will probably released when you finished school, so your arguments are invalid.

Arguments? I was just wondering if it was a good idea, I even asked if anyone thinks Outerra would be usable before I graduated. If the engine is completed as soon as I graduate, then I am probably going to go to college for video game design and work on my game in my free time. The only thing really driving me right now is Outerra and its progress, and wondering if there is any news today.

If the engine takes 5 years+ to release the SDK, then I'm going to have fun working at .. some.. video game company. Or just prepare the noose!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:40 am »

If the engine takes 5 years+ to release the SDK, then I'm going to have fun working at .. some.. video game company. Or just prepare the noose!

.. can fill the time in whyte modelling and script pieces testing, so when it comes, it will be a puzzle game.  :D Well, you see what the Uni will be, my own experience is, that the bad teachers was just on previous schools (of course, everywhere there are imbeciles to be found) and time could be made if needed reasonably. I would say, you shoud keep up building up your skills anywhere and anyway the life grants you ... and the answer for your questions will be revealed to you whyte every one you get in time. Just keep up pouring good stuff out and dont ewer stop whyte it.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 03:08:14 am »

Arguments? I was just wondering if it was a good idea, I even asked if anyone thinks Outerra would be usable before I graduated. If the engine is completed as soon as I graduate, then I am probably going to go to college for video game design and work on my game in my free time. The only thing really driving me right now is Outerra and its progress, and wondering if there is any news today.

Yeah, and everybody answered to your questions. Nobody recommend the drop because this idea is stupid. If you have the chance to get a higher graduation, take it. Many people would be happy to have this chance and you think about to throw it on the garbage. And why? Because you are a little kid which wants to be rich as fast as it could be. Damn, this is a bad motivation and will lead you on the path of fail. You dont know how the world is running, so dont jump into the deep sea of failures. But you are 15, so you will know more than me.

James

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 02:59:16 pm »

.. can fill the time in whyte modelling and script pieces testing, so when it comes, it will be a puzzle game.  :D Well, you see what the Uni will be, my own experience is, that the bad teachers was just on previous schools (of course, everywhere there are imbeciles to be found) and time could be made if needed reasonably. I would say, you shoud keep up building up your skills anywhere and anyway the life grants you ... and the answer for your questions will be revealed to you whyte every one you get in time. Just keep up pouring good stuff out and dont ewer stop whyte it.

I guess I could try to learn other languages and some modeling while I wait. And, what's whyte suppose to mean?

Yeah, and everybody answered to your questions. Nobody recommend the drop because this idea is stupid. If you have the chance to get a higher graduation, take it. Many people would be happy to have this chance and you think about to throw it on the garbage. And why? Because you are a little kid which wants to be rich as fast as it could be. Damn, this is a bad motivation and will lead you on the path of fail. You dont know how the world is running, so dont jump into the deep sea of failures. But you are 15, so you will know more than me.

The idea isn't stupid. It's reasonable, because I wanted to drop out of school so I can spend my time developing a video game. How is that stupid? To want to put all of my time into making my video game? And have what chance? A chance at collage? Well, I'm not even there yet, and it's probably going to cost a fuck-ton of money, I just hope my dad can afford it. I'm not a little kid that what's to be rich, I don't give a shit if I am a millionaire or not, I just want to stay ALIVE from a video game. I just care to buy my food and a home, and I could get that by making a video game, because I actually want to make a video game. I'm not going to turn my life into a pathetic one where I have to work somewhere I don't want to, the only place I want to work is in coding. I know just fine how awful the world is. I've heard its music, seen its people, the world is nothing but an ocean of shit, but why should I let that stop me from making a video game that I would love to make? It depends what you mean by "I'd know more than you," but it sounds like you're biased towards me. Of course we think differently, we have different feelings, different likes and dislikes, different hopes and dreams, different perspectives. So who are you to insult me?

Like I've been saying, I'm not dropping out of school to wait for Outerra's completion. If the engine is released and I start using it, I wouldn't even drop out until I've started the project, and am at the point to say, "So much work to be done. I wish I had more time." But by the sounds if it, the engine won't be done until I've even graduated, so I would go to collage and work on the game in my free time. If I am in the middle of my last year of school when the engine is released, of course I won't drop out then either.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »

Damn, you didnt get it. You have to increase your skills. What you can do know is not enough for paying your bills. Thats all. You need years to be a professional. And you have the time now. So use it in your freetime. Pupils have much of it. You never will have that much freetime for your hobbies.

And btw. dont ask if you dont want to hear voices who dislike your idea.

Logan6

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 07:32:15 pm »

You don't know shit.  Stay in school and learn.  If you want to program for a livelyhood, you need to go to college.

LUA is just a simple script language.  You need to learn C++ and all the algorithms and mathematics that it is used for.  Then you need to learn something like Parasail, and start figuring out how to design for multicore cpu's.  You have a VERY long way to go kid.  As they told me the first day in College orientation - "You don't know shit".  And man, were they right!

Another thing you should be told, community college is a LOT harder than these State and Private Universities.  They don't dare flunk their students for fear of losing daddy's money.  Community colleges don't give a crap.  They are much harder.  They don't get daddy's money.  Their paid for by people working at McDonald's.  They'll flunk you without a second thought.  Employers who graduated from the State and Private college's also tend to dis them when your looking for a job, even though they are tougher to get through.  So try to get in the State and Private Colleges if you can.  Avoid the Community ones.

I just hope my dad can afford it. I'm not a little kid that what's to be rich, I don't give a shit if I am a millionaire or not, I just want to stay ALIVE from a video game. I just care to buy my food and a home

Was just reading your post kid.  One, you shouldn't rely on Daddy getting you anywhere.  "I just care to buy my food and a home" - LOL, your a dreamer.  You obviously have led a somewhat protected life.  Here's reality.  You drop out of school, you aren't going to have shit.  You'll be lucky if you can get Social Services to give you some food stamps.  They most likely will not.  Your just going to find yourself broke and homeless.  I'm a Medical Lab Tech.  I have 2 Associate Degrees in Science.  I can barely make enough to stay alive, and pay for a small apartment.  The world is very rough.  If you don't graduate High School, about the only place that is going to take you is McDonald's and "maybe" the Army.  Otherwise, most dropouts end up in Prison.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:47:24 pm by Logan6 »
Pages: 1 [2]