Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Add support for integrated grapgics and cards with no opengl  (Read 4845 times)

Cronin

• Programmer and Game Developer.
Add support for integrated grapgics and cards with no opengl
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:32 pm »

Hey just wondering when will support for integrated graphics like mine and non opengl cards come ?? im using my laptop for testing things like these out and it has only intel integrated graphics which is terrible i know but still support on all platforms is good to have.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.

Chaoz

Re: Add support for integrated grapgics and cards with no opengl
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:16:09 pm »

i don't think there will ever be support for non opengl cards, as that would be extremely difficult and unnecessary since almost all newer integrated graphic cards support opengl so your only solution seems to be upgrading your system

Cronin

• Programmer and Game Developer.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 01:17:28 pm »

seems a pitty as most other engines and games seem to work fine ill just have to dload it on my main system then.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram @1666Mhz, Gigabyte Gtx 770 4Gb Vram, Gigabyte Sniper G1 mobo, Razer Naga 2014 mmo mouse, Razer deathstalker essential keyboard.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

I guess there's no pc graphics card that doesn't have any OpenGL support, not sure what you mean by non-opengl cards. There are cards (and their drivers) that don't support OpenGL 3.3+, but OT won't be supported on these because they are not powerful enough anyway. Other engines and games are usually using DirectX, but even if OT was using DirectX, it would not support DirectX 9 cards because of its technical limitations.

For Intel integrated cards, only the newer Ivy Bridge and Haswell will be supported, because Sandy bridge doesn't support OpenGL 3.3.

Chaoz

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:22:27 pm »

well that's because most games use directx and not opengl, older igfx probably don't support the required opengl functions ;)
dammit cameni you ninja !! :D

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:14:09 pm »

seems a pitty as most other engines and games seem to work fine ill just have to dload it on my main system then.

Why dont you ask your parents for a new laptop? Dont they support you enough?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:43:28 pm by necro »