User mods, screenshots & videos > Textures

NZ Textures- Download

<< < (5/5)

soulunite:
This is amazing Kelvinr - Thank You! I cannot wait for more updates / textures to come. Keeping NZ beautiful - Nice work

Haydz192:
Yay, Nice to see another Kiwi playing this game. NZ FTW! :) Looks real smexy, too, nice work mate.

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: Kelvinr on September 17, 2013, 04:05:05 am ---Hi all,

It's been a while...

Anyway, I thought that seeing as some people are interested in a different look for Outerra landscape I would upload a texture set that I created to try to match my home in New Zealand. This is the set that I use by default and so I have decided to allow others to enjoy it as I do.

These are all the replacement textures I will share as I have mentioned previously that all my 200+ textures are for Brano to use at his discretion inside Outerra for the Biome system once ready.

For those of you who don't know I have spent many (hundreds) of hours trying to bring the Outerra landscape to life by working on certain base ground textures (including grass, dirt, gravel, sand and rocks) for different Biomes and regions. I am not an official developer or Outerra Team member just a willing fan that has taken it upon himself to help speed up the Biome side of development in terms of textures.

So enjoy this set.

Download
http://sdrv.ms/18tXKrj

Cheers,

K.

--- End quote ---

So.... You did a bunch of work, and your YouTube videos showing your textures are great. But has any of this ever been used yet? is there any indication it ever will be used?

cameni:
It will be used (actually the existing textures in OT are Kelvin's work), but exactly how depends on the evolution of terrain texturing system. Currently the colors are determined by biomes & color map, and ground textures are now encoded as differential YUV textures, as you can see for yourself in textures/terrain/ground/##y.dds files. That's because they have to work in procedural colorizer that combines land colors with detail textures. Therefore Kelvin's textures no longer work directly and have to be preprocessed using a special filter.

Once the underlying system is stable, it will be possible to use custom texture sets and have modifications local.

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: cameni on May 26, 2014, 11:20:26 am ---It will be used (actually the existing textures in OT are Kelvin's work), but exactly how depends on the evolution of terrain texturing system. Currently the colors are determined by biomes & color map, and ground textures are now encoded as differential YUV textures, as you can see for yourself in textures/terrain/ground/##y.dds files. That's because they have to work in procedural colorizer that combines land colors with detail textures. Therefore Kelvin's textures no longer work directly and have to be preprocessed using a special filter.

Once the underlying system is stable, it will be possible to use custom texture sets and have modifications local.

--- End quote ---

Cool! I had mentioned the grass colors in another thread, and the latest release showed a lot of improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version