Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Importing aircraft from FlightGear?  (Read 5387 times)

Excrubulent

Importing aircraft from FlightGear?
« on: September 22, 2013, 05:21:14 am »

So there aren't yet a huge number of aircraft for Outerra.  It seems there are a few questions regarding spacecraft too.

However, a lot of this work has already been done, since Outerra is using the JSBSim FDM, so that means there are usable aircraft available for FlightGear that shouldn't take too much work to convert.  Some interesting ones include the A10 and the Eurocopter EC130.  Has anyone tried this yet?

Edit: Meant to include a link to FlightGear's aircraft section: http://www.flightgear.org/download/aircraft-2-10-filterable/

M7

Re: Importing aircraft from FlightGear?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:57:49 am »

I downloaded one of their plane and the objects file format are .ac which is made from ac3d. Then i checked the software web site and forum. Ac3d.org

Wow there's some pretty maniac sim modelers there. It would be incredible if some of these guys would bring their models to OT.

angrypig

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:26 am »

Importing FDM is not a problem if it is made in JSBSim and not YAsim but geometry has to be re-imported and we use Javascript for everything (gauges/sounds/etc.) and not XMLs...

fsxthai

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:40:58 am »

Would be sick if any of those passenger jets got imported <3 Sadly I lack the knowledge to do any of that :(