Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: FBX importer problem  (Read 4104 times)

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
FBX importer problem
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:41:08 am »

Hi,

I have a problem with the FBX importer. I tryed to import my Skjold model with the new FBX importer. But this is the result:

I have tryed to change the hierarchy in max without success. When I attach the individual parts it works fine. But I don't want to attach the whole model into one part.
And it also works fine with the opencollada importer. Here is the result with the same max model converted with the OpenCollada importer.

Regards
Marko

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: FBX importer problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:31 am »

Sometimes this happens to me when i play too much whyte parenting - somehow the colada-export sets all mesh-centres to the zero xyz position ... re-checking parenting and applying object transformation to rotation and scale (working in Blender) works it out for another collada export ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

I got it, now it works fine with the FBX importer. Anyway thanks for your hints Pago! ;) Now I only have to tweak the materials and the physics.

Marko

PytonPago

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »

Ahh - that cabin ... we need those LCD´s working.  ;D And where is the steering wheel, or is it a side-joystick thing like airbusses ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:26 am »

Hi Pago, the Skjold has a Side Stick like the airbusses. :)

Marko

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:13:54 am »

Damn them ... they newer stick to the good stuff .. like the comm.-horn to the engine department.  ;D