soft body physics for vehicles

YES!
- 14 (100%)
NO
- 0 (0%)
Its is not possible.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: beamng drive + outerra anteworld  (Read 4694 times)

maggotknees

beamng drive + outerra anteworld
« on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:03 am »

hello i have not long just downloaded the tech demo , and well i am amazed and excited for the future of this project , just had a thought i don't know if it possible but has any one here try'd BeamNG drive? if so wouldnt it be great to have the soft body vehicle physics from that engine combined with this one? would the dev's ever consider implementing this in the future? what do you all think?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: beamng drive + outerra anteworld
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:43 pm »

You can install any physics engine you like into the OT rendering engine. So BeamNG could come to OT or a different (and better) soft body physics engine.

I don't think beamNG works well enough to just have it be a vehicle (not intended to crash) simulator.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:04:38 pm »

There's simulators where you're not supposed to crash?!...  :o
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

maggotknees

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:56:44 pm »

You can install any physics engine you like into the OT rendering engine. So BeamNG could come to OT or a different (and better) soft body physics engine.

wow thats great news thanks for the info ! doesnt mean itl happen but the chance is there. cool