Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: how will resources be gathered?  (Read 4692 times)

splifsend

how will resources be gathered?
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:56 am »

I need to know is how they will be gathered - start with a pick and work up to having a giant rig of some sort or, some sort or RTS style automated gathering machine?
Also how the resources will be distributed on the planet? will they be in RL places eg, diamonds in South Africa, Gold in the mountains of the Americas ect, or will all resources will equally distributed everywhere on the planet

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: how will resources be gathered?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »

Nice question there ! ... a real distribution pattern would be a nice thing indeed and give the player the more of a reason to travel the entire Earth.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:25 pm »

Well if real life is an indicator we all won't be traveling across the globe for these things. We will have to setup a global trade Initiative so I can trade 400 of my diamonds for a years worth of milk from farms in another part of the world.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »

Well if real life is an indicator we all won't be traveling across the globe for these things. We will have to setup a global trade Initiative so I can trade 400 of my diamonds for a years worth of milk from farms in another part of the world.

... sorry, havent mentioned that i meant it for the Antenworld storyline.  ::)  ... doe, local resources based economics will be nice for other applications too ... maybe making the datasheet kind of a modifiable data-file. So we could speculate whyte it too ....  of course i will then try :

;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

James

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »

I don't know if Anteworld will include resource gathering, but in other games people probably could just make entities (trees, rocks, logs, etc.) that spawn and have a weapon (hatchets, pickaxes, drills, etc.) that can gather specific resources.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:19 pm »

Who needs wood... when you have cardboard trees!  ;)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P