Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Huge problem with outerra data!  (Read 4737 times)

mordax

Huge problem with outerra data!
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:25:14 am »

hi. i find outerra very nice and amazing, but there is a HUGE problem that makes it unuseable for me!
I have small SSD as my primary for OS and stuff and then 2tb + 2tb + 3tb HDDs for games, videos, recordings ..etc, but outerra does not let me change any of those directories, it is killing my ssd !!!

i need help with this please, how can i force outerra to write ALL data onto my "games" hdd?
32gb ssd is too tiny for this, it already crashed my whole OS while recording the video because it killed my ssd space with 12gb video (only about 3 minutes).

How did you developers did not think that most people nowdays use SSD as primary?? that's kind a lame to be honest.
even with bigger SSD, its still killing SSD, because SSD is not designed for many writes and reads, less you use SSD the better, this is why i have massive HDDs for such stuff.
I hope there is a way to force outerra onto another drive.
thanks.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Huge problem with outerra data!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 11:53:39 am »

Go into the Anteworld directory and open the file called "data.cfg"

It defaults to (path = "C:\Users\Administrator\Outerra")

And you can change that to where-ever you need.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:06:26 pm »

Not even close to "most" people use SSDs yet.

Also, my friends who do have them use them for games only (200+GB SSDs).  Not the OS.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Timmo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »

How did you developers did not think that most people nowdays use SSD as primary?? that's kind a lame to be honest.

Not quite as lame as assuming they didn't.

mordax

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:35 am »

Go into the Anteworld directory and open the file called "data.cfg"

It defaults to (path = "C:\Users\Administrator\Outerra")

And you can change that to where-ever you need.

"C:\Users\Administrator\Outerra" does not exist.
however friend told me there is data.cfg in installation folder, so i changed the path .. now most stuff goes where i set the new path, however videos are STILL going into that old folder, even tho path in data.cfg has been changed. it still creates Outerra/videos folder into my "Users/mordax" folder and puts recorded videos there.

To those who use SSDs for games, well they're not very smart then. i would not recommend it.
anyway i hope there is fix for this video problem.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:52 am »

For videos and screenshots, please go to your data folder and edit videos_dir and screenshots_dir. If the path contains a drive letter, it's absolute, otherwise it's relative to the data directory.