Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Preview screens of early biome support  (Read 27821 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Preview screens of early biome support
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »

I'd like to pre-release a new separate build in a week or so, after fixing the major issues. I'm still in process of tuning the mixer and filters, right now there are many places with wild colors and odd shapes.

Some more screens from the development:

Abc94

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 05:40:25 pm »

Look forward to it.  :)

The way the different grass colours blend into each other in some of those shots looks really nice.
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »

While first looking at the center of the 2nd and 3rd pictures, it looks real...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 11:49:00 pm »

Low tatras will be marvelous whyte those last screens colors ...

Could the colour/vegetation datasheets be "dynamic" in the further future ? I mean, if a simulation of climate-change in a certain region or globally could be done by lets just say making a set of datasheets, giving the program an order of them an it would over an predefined time adjust the biomes from one to another datasheet ? Can quite imagine, that certain people would like do some global weather simulations - maybe even if a certain mode would be possible, where some parameters could be user-changed (temparature, regional-based water waporisation or condensation in massive scales) and the datasheet would have some complex change functions (i dont mean you should do those (its a damn complicated thing to tamper whyte the weather), but i figure that many hydro-meteorological workers would be nicely appreciating this way of simming in the far future - maybe even whyte a way to change height-data and river vectors accordingly - just like simulating the creation of a canyon over centuries or water slip/weight erosion on certain areas - the different ground types whyte theyr own water absorbance, friction constants etc. have a nice potential to be used this way in it) way to adjust to such parameters ...

This way of weather/terrain change-visualization would be neat, even if the changing datasheets would possibly come from another computing unit (like one of those SuperComputers they run such things in realz, but just in numbers :D ) and OT would just visualize it.

For gamers, a lighter version of that would be interesting for terraforming or imagine just an computing script that changes a planets regional weather characteristics and accordingly its surface whyle you are traveling the space to AlphaCentauri and back on slower than light speeds. :D

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:13:50 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

montieris

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 04:58:43 am »

Looks fantastic!

Could the colour/vegetation datasheets be "dynamic" in the further future ?

This. For example soil would become darker after rain. Or rocky terrain more glossy.

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 06:42:07 am »

Wow...that looks awesome! Looking forward to get the update. :)

Marko

SpaceFlight

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 07:08:33 am »

Amazing!  :D
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

2eyed

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:24 am »

That's nice!
Is  there a degradation of colormap resolution towards the poles? If so, can it be compensated?
The blue marble data I saw has darker shaded southern flanks in mountainous regions. How does that look in OT?

pico

• http://
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 12:30:32 pm »

:)

aWac9

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »

well-done
:)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 05:10:19 pm »

Is  there a degradation of colormap resolution towards the poles? If so, can it be compensated?
The blue marble data I saw has darker shaded southern flanks in mountainous regions. How does that look in OT?
Input data are in sinusoidal projection, so the resolution remains the same. I did notice some odd dark spots on some mountains, not sure if that's what you mean. I had to clamp the luminance to suppress them.

Could the colour/vegetation datasheets be "dynamic" in the further future ? I mean, if a simulation of climate-change in a certain region or globally could be done by lets just say making a set of datasheets, giving the program an order of them an it would over an predefined time adjust the biomes from one to another datasheet ?
It is supposed to be dynamic ultimately, if for nothing else than to handle the seasonal changes. I guess it can be then extended to handle more radical changes ...

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 07:58:12 am »

Beautiful  ::)
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

Timmo

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

Yess! Looking awesome guys, this has really moved the engine up a notch

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

Wow, this looks amazing! Good luck with the debugging!
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

2eyed

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 05:15:09 pm »

What I meant was: the blue marble color data I have, has also height information imprinted, which may result in wrong colors due to shading.
Pages: 1 [2] 3