Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Weather and terrain  (Read 3239 times)

HansensUniverse

Weather and terrain
« on: October 27, 2013, 03:28:40 am »

Adding possibly real time weather update or a wind map that can have an effect on the grass and trees as well as airplanes and ocean waves, possibly adding aurora near the poles as for the terrain waterfalls rivers lakes and more texture variations that correspond with the area and season, sun rays or also known as God rays that can interact with the clouds as they pass by also creating actual shadows on the ground, volumetric clouds, and the options to add several cloud layers as well as several wind layers and even air pockets this would apply well for flying, rain snow fall maybe in the future Outerra can simulate snowfall and actually cover the ground with snow as a result of the snow fall, that's some ideas a vision for Outerra engine.
Cheers Tony Hansen :)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: Weather and terrain
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 03:41:14 am »

Volumetric clouds with shadows are already in the Engine, just not released yet.

I dont know about the rest of the above.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

HansensUniverse

Re: Weather and terrain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 04:27:37 am »

Thanks for the fast reply, great news about the clouds really impressed with this engine, of course these suggestions are for years ahead so who knows but i hope weather will be generated at some point and the aurora that would be so amazing :D
Cheers Tony Hansen :)