Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.3.4883  (Read 317589 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Latest version: 0.8.1.4459
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2014, 03:17:50 pm »

The problem with doing that is it breaks my other programs like Ventrilo, google hangouts where the default device is microphone. A creative solution may need to be put in place where the OT recorder has options to pick and choose the audio source.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2014, 03:26:13 pm »

Unfortunately that's not possible with the audio library we are currently using, but we'll be swapping it for another one soon, there are more issues with the existing one.

M7

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »

I've made another video using external ubs drive without Vsync and it still did a fast forward playback.

I edited the eng.cfg  to have the video recording path back to C: drive (same as outerra folder) and there was no accelarated playback  in the avi. Though after one minute of recording the framerate start to break badly (i have 32 gig of ram, that's probably why i can have one smooth minute) I downloaded a disk speed test and C: gets 80MB/s while the external USB gets 40MB/s thoughput.

So the accelerated playback seems to be related to saving the recording to different drive than where Outerra is installed and the fact that that disk isn't fast enough to  keep up.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:03 pm »

I've made another video using external ubs drive without Vsync and it still did a fast forward playback.

I edited the eng.cfg  to have the video recording path back to C: drive (same as outerra folder) and there was no accelarated playback  in the avi. Though after one minute of recording the framerate start to break badly (i have 32 gig of ram, that's probably why i can have one smooth minute) I downloaded a disk speed test and C: gets 80MB/s while the external USB gets 40MB/s thoughput.

So the accelerated playback seems to be related to saving the recording to different drive than where Outerra is installed and the fact that that disk isn't fast enough to  keep up.

Hey M7 with 32gigs of ram have you tried creating a virtual RAM disk to use for recording? RAM is a hell of a lot faster then harddrives.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:23:22 pm by PaulMoffat »
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

M7

« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2014, 12:43:08 am »

I definatly check the ram disk option. I just found out about dimmdrive which is more game oriented than others and seems to have a lot of options.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.1.4495
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2014, 09:24:11 am »

Version 0.8.1.4495
  • fixed perf issues on old Nvidia cards (<400 series, apparently NV drivers SW-emulate seamless env map, glBlendEquationSeparatei ...)
  • configurable simulation pausing with sandbox menu, shift+esc doing inverse of the configured pausing mode
  • fixed F11 env window shortcut
  • fixed F12 opening wiki & issue reporter in-game

Jagerbomber

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2014, 10:27:26 am »

Was just driving the bus around just in my town for a while after this update and eventually crashed with an "Out of Memory" "Bad allocation" window while my system was using 3.0GB/8.0GB W8.1 64bit (though this is 32bit right?)

Don't know if this is new or not.

Log too big to upload and out of characters.... rar'd it  :-\

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:59 am »

Out of memory usually happens when you have Google Maps window open. It leaks somewhere, won't be fixed until a new Chromium version is working. To avoid it, once in a while close the map window.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2014, 12:38:18 pm »

Ah ok.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »

Is there an unusual new difference with the reflections / glow? It may have been from a while ago but it is starting bother me. I assume this needs to be fixed on the model/vehicles end.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »

I dont think much can be done on the models itself except maybe  bake an occlusion map into the  diffuse texture. The fact that reflections doesnt reflect objects and  their shadow can make for exagerated reflection. Like in this case, the dark inside of the hangar should reflect   on the car and it would make a huge difference on the cars' shadow side. The dark asphalt doesnt reflect on the bumpers either, instead you have the terrain light dirt reflections.

I find the new reflections still makes the shadow side of objects so much better than before.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »

Yeah, the reflection looks lighter on the tatra with a bed as well.  Noticed that a while ago, just assumed it was because of the texture/reflection updates.

2eyed

« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2014, 04:33:25 am »

Only a screen space reflection can save us! ;)
For now, reflections are static, based on cube maps, and thus show no objects nor shadows.
Ambient lighting is still a bit problematic though.

eke2000

« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2014, 04:51:13 am »

Where can i download this latest version ....4495?
From download section i see only Anteworld 0.8.1.4480.
I can`t installed vesrsion...4480 with my last Nvidia drivers (the process hangs) and i have uninstalled and deleted all Anterworld/Outerra files and nothing can help.
I want to try the latest version (...4495) but i can`t find this!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2014, 05:06:00 am »

Normally 4480 autoupdates to 4495. You can download the patch manually, but Nvidia beta drivers are buggy and it likely wont work with them, and you'll have to use WHQL drivers.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38