Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.3.4883  (Read 317468 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Latest version: 0.8.3.4883
« Reply #555 on: January 06, 2015, 03:00:35 pm »

If the artifacts you mention are the ones visible in the TitanIM demo video, I'd say a simple option to activate/disable clouds (and a /!\ Experimental label) will be enough until these problems are fixed  :)

It's not quite the same system anymore, as that solution was only temporary and it had to be completely redone for reasons that are not entirely visible in Titan screenshots - it didn't work well with objects in front of the clouds, interfered badly with smoke etc.

Interesting, thanks!

PRiME

« Reply #556 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:14 pm »

I believe I saw 3D trees in their demo videos as well, and functional tank tracks??

Atm in Outerra I have rendering problems (last time checked, 1 month ago) where the terrain would not update correctly when turning around or moving forward, I also saw issues with tree shadow canopy lacking LOD's (looks pretty funny having a solid shadow line drawing around ground as you get closer).

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #557 on: January 07, 2015, 03:45:54 pm »

So.... will this allow me to spawn a bowling ball at the top of mount Everest and watch it tumble down for about an hour?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #558 on: January 07, 2015, 04:33:36 pm »

So.... will this allow me to spawn a bowling ball at the top of mount Everest and watch it tumble down for about an hour?

Ya know, ya can import that bowling ball already.  :))
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #559 on: January 07, 2015, 10:51:54 pm »

I know at times the Outerra Team can get quite a bit of flack from some of us when an update takes 'too long' or if we see some cool new things added to a partner project that we do not have access to (e.g. TitanIM) however I just wanted to say that without these dedicated Team Members we would not have Outerra at all. So on that note: Thank You to all that help out with Outerra - small and big you guys make Outerra what it is and we really appreciate it. Keep up the great work! :)

2eyed

« Reply #560 on: January 08, 2015, 10:11:19 am »

Ouite often I get this magenta colored massage: " warning: unable to update light 3d index texture. "
What does it mean and what can I do?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #561 on: January 10, 2015, 11:14:59 am »

Ouite often I get this magenta colored massage: " warning: unable to update light 3d index texture. "
What does it mean and what can I do?
Ignore it for now ... it's a part of lighting code that's got there.

zzz

« Reply #562 on: January 18, 2015, 07:29:33 am »

Another weekend and still no update  :(

Last one was back in September and even that wasn't exactly major. We were told all the work diverted to TitanIM would pay dividends in functionality that could easily be reproduced in Outerra but it seems even clouds are still causing trouble.

HiFlyer

« Reply #563 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:25 am »

Last one was back in September and even that wasn't exactly major. We were told all the work diverted to TitanIM would pay dividends in functionality that could easily be reproduced in Outerra but it seems even clouds are still causing trouble.

Which is why its good that those with patience and skills have been jumping in from time to time and filling in some of the blanks, even if some of the solutions found are temporary.

Can you imagine where we would be without Levis planes, or Acetones Talkeetna, for example?

Or all the cars, houses and other things people have been tossing in?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #564 on: January 22, 2015, 11:01:55 pm »

Dear OT - Community.
If they have please patience, because the more they strive for new update, the more mistake can contain it. The Devs will bring it if they think that it is ready. I would already like to have only yesterday  everything, but reality looks much different. So, have patience.  :) ;)

Also, keine Panik uff dem Titanic....!  =D
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #565 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:11 am »

... kein herumrennen auf dem boot bis der Kapitan nicht weg is ! Und ihr must wissen, wenn das pasiert. Also schon langsam und leise, alle begeben sich zum rettungs-booten und sagen dabei nicht zu laut " hilfe ", hebe die hand nach oben, wenn wenn was wollen.  =D  =D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #566 on: January 23, 2015, 02:05:09 am »

... kein herumrennen auf dem boot bis der Kapitan nicht weg is ! Und ihr must wissen, wenn das pasiert. Also schon langsam und leise, alle begeben sich zum rettungs-booten und sagen dabei nicht zu laut " hilfe ", hebe die hand nach oben, wenn wenn was wollen.  =D  =D

jöp....soisses...und bloß mir nüscht gleisch schlappmachen hier, sonst geht's direkt zum Heifuttern...
soOo...weitermachen!  C:-)
=D
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

saccara18

« Reply #567 on: January 23, 2015, 06:36:51 am »

wann kommt wieder ein update? ich warte schon lange gespannt darauf

Sam

• nearby
« Reply #568 on: January 23, 2015, 09:41:08 am »

wann kommt wieder ein update? ich warte schon lange gespannt darauf
=D  =D  =D
Resident of Outerra

cameni