Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Latest version: 0.8.3.4883  (Read 315801 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.2.4711
« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2014, 02:17:21 pm »

Version 0.8.2.4711
  • vehicles can be placed as static objects in the builder (see the help tab), converted to live vehicles on enter
  • updated default scenery to include parked vehicles (full install only)
  • reenabled XP and Vista support
  • terrain aspect affecting tree probability (north/south slopes)
  • customizable forest threshold value
  • adjusted forest parameters, default tree quality metrics increased to avoid popping
  • script: get_camera_mode returns -1 in case no camera is bound to object
  • script: velocity method for getting speed vectors in vehicle physics
  • fixed solid explosion particle colors
  • fixed HUD elevation/distance values sometimes not hiding after HUD closing
  • fixed ufo speed lock (end key)
  • fixed google minimap transparency
  • fixed object culling in map mode (ctrl+shift+G/M)
  • added new aiming animation with correct range a lot of fixes to cam ctrls, limited pitch angle in fps and tps modes
  • default video compression reverted back to faster mode
  • fixed HOTAS detection, workaround for raw axes
  • fixed Rift mode being turned off after F2 location jumps

Jagerbomber

« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2014, 04:13:06 pm »

Seems to have noticeably increased the amount of trees spreading out into previously open areas... though they're more spread out.
But then there's a lot of spots that should be denser, but of course the data isn't that precise... and we don't have 3D tree canopies yet.  (Though a lot of the 2D tree trunks do/can appear on top of thinner dirt roads already).

Also, it seems that you can't select a road when using the road editor with the map overlay.  Or at least the outline doesn't show up.  You have to pre-select a road, then open the overlay for the lines to appear.  And it doesn't let you select a different road either.

The map arrow rotation when driving a vehicle in first person still needs to be fixed again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:22:10 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

josem75

« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »

Also, it seems that you can't select a road when using the road editor with the map overlay.  Or at least the outline doesn't show up.  You have to pre-select a road, then open the overlay for the lines to appear.  And it doesn't let you select a different road either.

This what u are saying is very important. Because the tool is so great, but without the posibility of doing that, can be useless much times. For example i wanted to build a "road" for make some lines (are water torrents) in a known mountain near my place.
As long as we still dont have tools for modify that (i am sure in the future the engine will have tarrain modificator for users), i though in make those torrents with roads. Using that map. But here are the problems...

When you select roads and then open the map, you cant modify that map (or i dont know how). And also, you cant change the map for use photo satelite option, so i cant see the real terrain, and i also cant use the zoom so i cant go to the place and build the roads i want.

Also as Jagerbomber said, you cant choose the road builder when you have the map opened.. Then you also cant put the satelite and use the zoom, and then open roads.

Then in any both ways, you cant use that map hability for build roads on photo with zoom.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:43:21 pm by josem75 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2014, 09:12:55 pm »

I was able to use satellite mode and move around and zoom.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:10 am »

I'm not sure if it still works after this update, but you can select a road : you just need to zoom out a little in the overlay. 

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:16 am »

And also, you cant change the map for use photo satelite option, so i cant see the real terrain, and i also cant use the zoom so i cant go to the place and build the roads i want.

Use ctrl+shift+g (default) for Google map overlay, then you have just to select satellite from the upper right corner :)

hhrhhr

« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

Version 0.8.2.4711
new clean install, CTD when place a "mercenary" model. crashdump sended.

Mottomi

« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2014, 10:58:44 pm »

Is it possible to create new roads while using the overlay with satellite imagery? I was able to in the previous build but not in this current one (.4711).

Krutan

• King Crab
« Reply #353 on: July 01, 2014, 04:56:40 am »

Finally my HOTAS Warthog acts normal :) Can't seem to set POV properly though. It maps the buttons (even though one of the hat switches registers as unknown), but nothing happens when I'm playing. Can't look around using any of the hat switches.

Not that big a deal for me personally since I'll be getting my Oculus DK2 soon, but it might be a problem for someone else?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2014, 05:04:01 am »

Is it possible to create new roads while using the overlay with satellite imagery? I was able to in the previous build but not in this current one (.4711).
There are some issues with the sandbox mode vs the map overlay mode, will be fixed in upcoming patch.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.8.2.4725
« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2014, 05:53:07 am »

Version 0.8.2.4725
  • fixed first person mode (key 8 - mercenary)
  • script: model/world space bool switch for velocity() call in vehicle
  • global keys working in map modes again
  • fixed object rendering in sandbox & map overlay mode
  • fixed videomaker crash at end

Note that if you combine map overlay and sandbox, you can click on map buttons with right mouse button - the left one is eaten by the sandbox.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:59:59 am by cameni »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

Still having some map control issues depending on what windows I have open (transparency and map mode mostly).  You just gotta do things in the right order and whatnot.  (Use hotkeys to open the windows... and don't use the Esc key...)

And could the road outliner show 100% through the map no matter the transparency setting?  That'd be cool.

Planets

« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »

• vehicles can be placed as static objects in the builder (see the help tab), converted to live vehicles on enter
Awesome, this opens up some new possibilities!  ;D

I'm wondering is it possible to let us in the future select objects once they've been placed way high up above the Earth, as well as allow slower movement in this space? Currently when you get as high as I mention the movement parameters are ignored and you just speed really fast no matter how slow you set it to be with scroll wheel and this makes placing things in space and high altitudes, very challenging.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:08:50 pm by Planets »

zzz

« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:47 am »

Awesome, this opens up some new possibilities!  ;D

I'm wondering is it possible to let us in the future select objects once they've been placed way high up above the Earth, as well as allow slower movement in this space? Currently when you get as high as I mention the movement parameters are ignored and you just speed really fast no matter how slow you set it to be with scroll wheel and this makes placing things in space and high altitudes, very challenging.

Selecting objects has become more forgiving in recent versions. Have the Ojbjects menu open (F7) and then click the model.

For slow speeds in space find a speed on the ground you want and press End to keep it.

Finding objects in space once you've placed them is still hard so I save the position of something once I've placed it and delete it once I'm done.

Planets

« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

For slow speeds in space find a speed on the ground you want and press End to keep it.

Oh yes thank you so much for that, now I can go spawn an object, raise it up however high and get myself within distance of it, save the location, and select the low speed at ground level and press end and load that position and then maneuver myself with full control of the speed I can use, being able to alter it freely unless I press end again. This is a huge help, it doesn't work when in build mode sadly though, no matter if I set the simulation to stop or not in build mode.

I still have trouble selecting objects in space once they've been placed as before though, with F7 open I can click all over the object from any distance yet still am unable to select it again sadly, especially the greeble parts compilation as some pieces like the gigantic long bridge piece have an incredibly small selection radius even on the ground, and once you mess up the placement or accidentally mis-click, it's near impossible to select it again to delete or reposition - very frustrating but that's probably just because of its sheer size I suppose. Though even with something like the Arleigh Burke the same selection points that work on the ground don't work in space.

However now that I know about the end key it's significantly easier to view things in space now, and maybe slightly easier to build in space too, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38