Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wide Screen shots! HUGE LONG PICS NEW SET v.4! JUNE 17 coming soon!  (Read 20549 times)

Ryan10427

• supporter
Re: Wide Screen shots! HUGE LONG PICS (FIXED TO FULL RES, WITH LINKS)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 06:17:53 am »

in the next round of Pictures ilk make sure there will be grass X) and more water

Daedalus

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 10:49:09 am »

These are fantastic. All you need now is a medieval castle in the distance or something, that would be awesome!
Thanks for taking and uploading these!!

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »

NEW PICTURES SET V.3 IN ABOUT A HR!!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Wide Screen shots! HUGE LONG PICS NEW SET v.3! NOV 19
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 01:43:23 am »

Man, you have to post the location of the second one - its sheer epic scenery and i cant shake the feeling to have seen that pointy mountain somewhere.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 06:17:33 am »

Man, you have to post the location of the second one - its sheer epic scenery and i cant shake the feeling to have seen that pointy mountain somewhere.

Oh i wish i remembered if i find it ill let you know

AKNightHawk

• http://www.moddb.com/games/assault-knights-reign-of-steel
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 06:31:47 am »

wow the new textureing system has made OT look 10000 times better. I can't believe the sheer detail of all this. Man I can't wait to be able to start making games with this engine.
Assault Knights:Reign of Steel
Donate to the Assault Knights project
I always think everything is better with mechs.

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 09:11:01 am »

Hi Ryan,

Bit late to the thread, all I can say is WOW! Amazing screens! Is photography something you're interested in? They look like well planned and mapped shots! :D

GodotWaits
Well then, until our next meeting.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

Hi Ryan,

Bit late to the thread, all I can say is WOW! Amazing screens! Is photography something you're interested in? They look like well planned and mapped shots! :D

GodotWaits

Hi, its ok And Thanks i plan to upload alot more pics once the next Big update happens!!!! so its all a waiting game. and i love art. its my career! and sorta planned and mapped lol

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 07:51:33 pm »

That's cool man!

Seems a lot of folk round here have keen eyes. Lovely stuff! ;D Amateur artist myself :P Just beginning to try out 3D modelling for the first time in my life after coming across this peach of an engine. I'd love to be able to contribute things besides just screens. Although I've spent most of my time in game, flying around in the Cessna looking for the finest views I can for that sole purpose! :P

Could you by any chance explain how the virtual screen works? I'm fascinated by it, incredible scope!

GodotWaits

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 08:44:46 pm »

That's cool man!

Seems a lot of folk round here have keen eyes. Lovely stuff! ;D Amateur artist myself :P Just beginning to try out 3D modelling for the first time in my life after coming across this peach of an engine. I'd love to be able to contribute things besides just screens. Although I've spent most of my time in game, flying around in the Cessna looking for the finest views I can for that sole purpose! :P

Could you by any chance explain how the virtual screen works? I'm fascinated by it, incredible scope!

GodotWaits

sure can. i want you to take a window of anything you have open and click and hold it to one of the sides of your screen. notice how it continues beyond your view. that's because your virtual screen is extended outwards far past then any screen size. i guess you could say infinity. there are key screen points at which programs are set at to open windows like a giant Grid from points (0,0) to (42342343,32424234) and so on. lets just hope your programs don't start up there!! lol. but its figured that your MAIN or Only screen is were Point (0,0) is located and that's where most programs start. now if you added a second screen to your right or any direction and your first screen is 1920x1080, and after you set up that screen to be a continuation of your screen, you've just unlocked hidden screen size. so lets say your second one now is 1600x900 so its asymmetric. so theirs a little hidden part missing from your view but if you screenshot your virtual screen (witch would be both views as one in a single picture) it would screenshot a Symmetric image leaving the hidden screen you are missing. a black rectangle. now to calculate you Virtual screen size is pretty easy so lets say screen 1 is (AxB) and screen 2 is (CxD) to find the width u easily do A+C= full width (we will call this F) and the Height is either B>D or B<D so which ever is The largest (G). then combine them so its (FxG) lol see easy math. Ex. 1920x1080+1600x900=3520x1080 and the missing hidden screen is 1080-900 or (D-B, B-D). Now the Good thing about outerra is that it has a snapshot in game so that means you will not get this Black hidden screen instead you will receive a large image like above! i can keep explaining but this is got large enough got any questions?

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »

Ah cool! That is pretty straight forward! Thank you :)

Only one question, and excuse me if it's daft, but, can you do this with just one screen? Say, if you just change the resolution to be wider than what your current one is in physical form, and force the image to a non existent physical display? Say, you have your B as the standard size, at e.g. 1080 and then you set the A(physical 1920)+C(non existent 1920), or is a second monitor required?

GodotWaits

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »

Ah cool! That is pretty straight forward! Thank you :)

Only one question, and excuse me if it's daft, but, can you do this with just one screen? Say, if you just change the resolution to be wider than what your current one is in physical form, and force the image to a non existent physical display? Say, you have your B as the standard size, at e.g. 1080 and then you set the A(physical 1920)+C(non existent 1920), or is a second monitor required?

GodotWaits

This is possible without a second screen but you'll never know whats being viewed lol, Also be CAREFUL some programs arent made to be viewed at really huge sizes id say safely if u extend it, extend it by your original screen once so if its 1920 safely add another 1920. but if your feeling devilish make it bigger who knows what will happen. have fun !

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »

Some simple maths again can sole the issue of the blind spot... Little bit bigger than a blind spot really :P

Thanks for the help man, I'll try it out tomorrow, though I won't go to extremes, just to be safe! If I get anything nice I'll throw 'em up!

GodotWaits

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

Some simple maths again can sole the issue of the blind spot... Little bit bigger than a blind spot really :P

Thanks for the help man, I'll try it out tomorrow, though I won't go to extremes, just to be safe! If I get anything nice I'll throw 'em up!

GodotWaits

cool, cant wait have fun!
Pages: 1 [2] 3