Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Roads/Objects windows not opening?  (Read 4436 times)

Daedalus

Roads/Objects windows not opening?
« on: November 20, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »

Hello!
The roads and objects windows aren't opening, when I open up the menu at the top and then click roads/objects, they don't do anything. I have also tried using F6 and F7 buttons but they don't do anything either.
All the other menu items work apart from roads and objects.
Is this a bug with the latest update, or my computer?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Roads/Objects windows not opening?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:05:28 pm »

Maybe some files got corrupted? Please check if eng.log file contains any errors.

Daedalus

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:39:25 am »

Ok, I have found 2 errors, I'll just copy them into here:
ERROR: soundman: Open capture device failed!

ERROR: Fatal error detecting base vertex inclusion in glVertexID

I have uploaded the entire log onto pastebin as well if that helps.
http://pastebin.com/FDrPjCHV

Also when I do click on the roads button, then I click on an existing road (The Himalayas Airport 2) The yellow lines and circles appear outlining the roads.
This is the same with the objects button, when I click that and then click on a building the X/Y/Z axes and white outline of the object appears.
So it looks like it is working, I just can't see the objects/road editor windows.

EDIT: I've been messing around trying to fix it and I think it's a bug with the resolution, I am using 1920x1080, but it has clipped off a lot of the screen on the right side, which also includes the road editor and objects window, they appear, but just outside of my monitor view.
I changed my resolution on the game so something smaller, and turned off full screen, now that I can see the entire game view when I click on the road editor/objects window they appear! It's just that they appear on the far right of the screen.

So now my real problem is with the resolution, even though my monitor is 1920x1080 it isn't showing the entire game window.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:10:24 am by Daedalus »

Evildropbear

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:28 am »

Ok, I have found 2 errors, I'll just copy them into here:
ERROR: soundman: Open capture device failed!

ERROR: Fatal error detecting base vertex inclusion in glVertexID

I have uploaded the entire log onto pastebin as well if that helps.
http://pastebin.com/FDrPjCHV

Also when I do click on the roads button, then I click on an existing road (The Himalayas Airport 2) The yellow lines and circles appear outlining the roads.
This is the same with the objects button, when I click that and then click on a building the X/Y/Z axes and white outline of the object appears.
So it looks like it is working, I just can't see the objects/road editor windows.

EDIT: I've been messing around trying to fix it and I think it's a bug with the resolution, I am using 1920x1080, but it has clipped off a lot of the screen on the right side, which also includes the road editor and objects window, they appear, but just outside of my monitor view.
I changed my resolution on the game so something smaller, and turned off full screen, now that I can see the entire game view when I click on the road editor/objects window they appear! It's just that they appear on the far right of the screen.

So now my real problem is with the resolution, even though my monitor is 1920x1080 it isn't showing the entire game window.

If you right-click the .exe and disable DPI scaling in compatibility settings does it help?

Daedalus

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

If you right-click the .exe and disable DPI scaling in compatibility settings does it help?

That has fixed the problem! Thanks!
It works best in full screen mode for me, as when I restart it in windowed mode, the cursor is out of place/inaccurate, not sure how to explain, but to click a button the cursor needs to be below the button, think it's just a bug or something. This only happens in windowed mode. I have no problem with full screen so no real issue for me, but thought I should point it out.

Thanks for the help guys! :)