Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Oculus Rift - Outerra looks fantastic on it  (Read 4059 times)

Fillbiker

Oculus Rift - Outerra looks fantastic on it
« on: December 12, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »

I tried many demos and games with Oculus Rift, but the main reason. I bought it was Outerra. Yesterday I started Apache flight, put the OR on my head and it was a shock. Outerra is absolutely the best looking engine for OR. You feel like you really sit in the cockpits, everything perfectly fits. Excellent real scales. I'm totally amazed. Please continue with Oculus Rift support. I have 2 small bugs - if I turn HUD on, horizontal line is showed 3 times (white). Is it possible to change some CFG to remove this white line and even a raycast info about distance? I would like to have only green HUD infos like Speed, Alt, Compass, horizont line and the cross. If so, what file I need to edit?

2nd bug - from some reason the Oculus Rift needs to be recentered often, It doesn't hold center position (centered look) and after few minutes of flying and looking around the view is tilted left a bit and I must reset it by ";"
Not a big deal, but should be fixed. Where can I change ";" shortcut for something else? I would like to set it on my joystick as a button to be able to center the view easily.

Thx

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Oculus Rift - Outerra looks fantastic on it
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 01:19:02 am »

Thanks for the notes! HUD needs to be fixed, we'll also hide the distance info when in vehicles.

As for the recentering - did you calibrate your Rift using the OculusConfigUtil? It's a part of Oculus SDK, you can also update firmware there.
OT uses calibration values from that, once calibrated you should have no drift. Otherwise the reset key can be changed in iomap.cfg, under the hmd_refpos entry.

Minoza

• 3D artist
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:51:10 am »

Indeed, I was blown away with OR in Outerra as well. :) I tried it with Cessna and Mig so far and yeah, scale is so right you really feel like you're in there.
I possess a skill to google

Fillbiker

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:09 pm »

Yes I calibrated it off-course. Maybe I only move with the mouse accidentally. I will check it again.
Thank you for iomap.cfg advice, I will edit it. ;)