Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Video recording

<< < (2/14) > >>

SpaceFlight:
The video recorder records fine in Y4M format here.
The videomaker tool does not start at exiting OT though, after capturing video, and it crashes right away if i try to start it manually.
Vsync is turned off and the video card is Ati/Amd.
Maybe my video.cfg needs tweaking?

cameni:
Oh I see videomaker crashes when run standalone, without a path argument - I'll fix it.
But try to run it with the video directory path as a command line argument.

SpaceFlight:
Tried that, but doesn't seem to do anything. Could be that i used the wrong path argument though.  :D
I'll patiently wait for an update.

cameni:
But that crash fix probably won't solve your problem. Normally the videomaker is run with the path to the directory with Y4M videos. I didn't test it without giving it the path argument. Here's the fixed version of the videomaker: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2spgr2B2dvNSGJXdGxEM2FPQ3M/edit?usp=sharing

If it's not given the path, it tries to read the Outerra data path directory from the registry, and get the videos from under the "videos" folder there.
But as I said, it doesn't address the problem of crashing when spawned from outerra.

SpaceFlight:
Ok, how does the correct path argument look like for a certain harddisk drive?
I have Outerra on C:\ for example, and i changed the path for the video recording directory in the eng.cfg to a folder on F:\ drive.
Also, with the other version of the videomaker tool, i get a prompt now to execute it when exiting OT, but then nothing happens when i click "execute".
Same thing happens when starting it manually.

Edit: Never mind.
I figured there seems to be a naming convention with regards to the "videos" folder.
I changed the name of that folder to "Outerra_Videos", both in eng.cfg and on the drive and it did not work. Then changed it back to "videos" again both in eng.cfg and on the drive and it works now.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version