Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Video recording  (Read 83416 times)

Kaybl3

Re: Video recording
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:14 am »

I cant seem to find the place where to put the -allowext argument. Can anyone help me with that?

DeanosBeano

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:42 am »

hmm anteworld\bin\video has a cfg file perhaps there ?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:20 pm »

It's a command line argument, when you launch outerra.exe from the command line.
But you can also right click on Anteworld shortcut, select properties, then in the Shortcut tab add -allowext into Target, after outerra.exe

Kaybl3

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »

It's a command line argument, when you launch outerra.exe from the command line.
But you can also right click on Anteworld shortcut, select properties, then in the Shortcut tab add -allowext into Target, after outerra.exe

Thank you that helped!

JAM3SwithGAM3S

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 08:11:49 am »

I had a strange problem.

So basically I had been trying to figure out why the in game recorder only records 1 second of footage and finally figured out the problem.

What my problem was is that when pressing F9 on my mechanical keyboard this only recorded 1 second of footage but after i swapped my keyboard with my older one without mechanical keys i pressed F9 and it recorded fine.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 10:37:29 am »

That's quite odd ... isn't there another app (perhaps a driver of that keyboard) running that would interfere and eat some keyboard events? eng.log should list the injected dll modules that could interfere.

JAM3SwithGAM3S

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

I have a workaround thats not a problem. Only thing really bugging me is when i record and after converting i have no audio? is there a fix for this or do i need to use an audio recording software such as audacity?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 01:13:43 am »

You must set the default audio input in Windows as described in the first post of this topic.

JAM3SwithGAM3S

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »

Ah ok thanks for that didnt realise someone else had the same issue otherwise i wouldnt have asked  :o

peterkrull

• Technology nerd
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

Using external tools (Fraps ...)

Outerra by default blocks 3rd party programs from injecting into the rendering loop, since these programs are notoriously unstable when they have to work in the setup that Outerra uses (OpenGL 3.3+ context and separate app and rendering threads). They often cause intermittent crashes that look like an instability of Outerra itself, so we decided to prevent them from hooking into the rendering pipeline.

However, if you want to use these third party programs, you may change the default behavior by running outerra.exe with -allowext argument from the command line.

Hey.

I'm currently working on a video project using Outerra, but it is close to impossible to get any recordings. When recording using the build-in recorder, I'm surprised at how resource friendly it is, and how manageable the files are. But Webm is really not the best format to edit with using Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro. Even with a plugin allowing me to edit .webm files in Premiere, it is really resource hungry, and creates some ugly artifacts (really ugly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSX-i3MZj8I&feature=youtu.be

What's more annoying is that Fraps and Outerra do not go well together. The game looks just fine when I'm recording, but when playing it back, it is all jumpy and some imagery keeps appearing in the bottom-left corner.

I even went as far as getting a tool for converting the raw files to something like .avi, but it is telling me that the file is corrupt.

Is there a way for me to record this game into something like .avi or another editing friendly format without going to mars and back?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »

Have you tried Blender for video edition? Is pretty decent. I made this video on it:

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

peterkrull

• Technology nerd
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »

I'm editing in Vegas and Premiere because I know those programs, and wont switch just because one program is incompatible.
No offence.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 10:02:00 pm »

I'm editing in Vegas and Premiere because I know those programs, and wont switch just because one program is incompatible.
No offence.

I use Premier too, but had no luck with the webm plugin... So I tried Blender. When you know to work with one program, is not that hard to switch, believe me. Is like cooking in a different kitchen... Hell, where are the knives? Oh, here they are!... No big spoon? Well, instead I can use this cup. Blender is free and only  took me 15 minutes watch a video tutorial on youtube... But is up to you.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

peterkrull

• Technology nerd
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

No offence.

I use Premier too, but had no luck with the webm plugin... So I tried Blender. When you know to work with one program, is not that hard to switch, believe me. Is like cooking in a different kitchen... Hell, where are the knives? Oh, here they are!... No big spoon? Well, instead I can use this cup. Blender is free and only  took me 15 minutes watch a video tutorial on youtube... But is up to you.
If anything I would only use it to import and render the clips.
You have not experienced any artifacts?

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

Not at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5