Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Script editing  (Read 2636 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Script editing
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »

... have a little question about the vehicle script menu ... i havent done some scripting since end of summer on a new vehicle. Back then i usually pasted an other vehicles script into a fresh imported one and changed piece by piece (updating the script after every change) not to loose any progress ... but now when i tried the same method, OT just crashes when i update the script while there are some missing meshes, sounds (that actually are from the other vehicle, but not in the actual one, witch i wont to script). Normally it would just freeze the simulation and write its problems in the log-window. The script was changed so in order to prevent another OT crash when spawning the vehicle, i have to delete the .js file first.

Log : http://www.upnito.sk/subor/156004080b81c2563ade439609f92809.html

(think i send a post-crash bug-report too) ... any idea what is causing the crash ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:41:19 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Script editing
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 02:33:00 am »

We'll check it, probably an unhandled exception in the updated object rendering code.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Script editing
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »

Tanks cameni ... it worked to change some existing vehicles script to the needed one (saving the original aside) and applying it afterwards, but still doing it in the needed vehicle has its benefits in time and test.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.