Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: BTR-80  (Read 53134 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: BTR-80
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

Do the controls work on the AUX vehicle inputs because Shift up doesn't work with my rebound keys. The arrow keys are bound to my movement and shift uses is my PTT on ventrilo but I am not sure if it is interfering.

... no gear-shifting now there (there is still some script thingy to be done in my engine to work properly) - only door/hatch opening "O", water stuff and shooting ... as for interference, not much sure, doe, i dont think it should do problems ...  ???
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »

Starting slowly to work on the interior :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »

schon wieder ...
...Eckert gucke mal bitte in nen Keller!... isch glaub dee russe is' schon wieder da... (c)

http://youtu.be/Ic1kvKSgmDE?t=33s

;D ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:11:32 pm by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »

schon wieder ...
...Eckert gucke mal bitte in nen Keller!... isch glaub dee russe is' schon wieder da... (c)

http://youtu.be/Ic1kvKSgmDE?t=33s

;D ;)

... your luftwaffles wont hurt my donut-wheel car ! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

P.S.: I know you cant wait to be in the drivers-seat once its finished ! I cant wait for your Focke aether.  ::)

Und wo hast du den Werner herausgebuddelt ? Habe den schon ne ewigkeit nicht gesehen. :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:51:39 pm by PytonPago »

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »

;D ;D ;D

...a lot of fun with the construction.I hack myself still by the cylinder construction of BMW801D.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 03:28:09 am »

;D ;D ;D

...a lot of fun with the construction.I hack myself still by the cylinder construction of BMW801D.

Well, the engine and cockpit details will be the worst at your flyer. But may be the most fun too.

Ill starting to heat myself for making the engine-compartment the Ural-way too. May be more interesting, if in final implementation, hits to certain parts of the vehicle produced a realistic damage system outcome. Maybe including the differential rods and internal equipment misc (like periscopes and such).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:40:15 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:28 am »

... added the periscopes (not the commander one - that needs some more work), you can get a feel of the drivers-seat and the details-level of the interiors back part should be everywhere (+ cables will be added there too). I hope i can make the fans work ...

M7

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 06:31:16 am »

Really nice work!! Do you have an idea of how many polygons you're at with this baby?

PytonPago

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 06:58:43 am »

Really nice work!! Do you have an idea of how many polygons you're at with this baby?

Well ... i want to fit as much as i can to reality :

Can be quite much, doe, it still isnt as much as the Urals ( 710 000 for all the variants including the Grad, BTR has 460 000 yet ). It seems it will hit close to a million, when all the gauges/radios/else equipment are done and AKs added to their stations. Make some reducing when UV-unwrapping gets to be done, but probably that number will still be realistic.

TheLoneExplorer

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 08:15:36 am »

Wow that looks incredible :D

Will you add wear and tear on the interior as seen within the picture above?

Oh and one little question; do you lag a fair bit when you currently look at the BTR-80 in Outerra?
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― André Gide

PytonPago

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:47 am »

Wow that looks incredible :D

Will you add wear and tear on the interior as seen within the picture above?

Oh and one little question; do you lag a fair bit when you currently look at the BTR-80 in Outerra?

... well ... if on my laptop :D ... thing is, it wont be up for the time when OT comes out as a full functioning engine (lot of things i want them to do are still to be implemented for example). Till then machines will be an else thing. Otherwise, dont think many have lags till 3-6 of them are spawned. That is mostly due to nu-exsisting lower LODs, witch i will make once all other things are working properly nearly to a v 1.0 level. So it shouldn't be much problem once its there ... (and im on this project already 2 years, so it will be some time till then).

As for the wear - im not good at textures, so thats why i give all the needed stuff in the model to make textures (from normal, diffuse and all that fancy stuff ...). Would like to know how, but there is too much vehicles to be build. ;D  (thinking of making a Nona artillery and the 82 versions of this baby too). Im sure some hardcore-texture creators will catch on it.  :D

TheLoneExplorer

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 08:55:11 am »

sounds great, if I knew anything about modelling or scripting I would try and build British tanks from WW2. Maybe I should try, however, when it gets complicated my mind turns to gloop :/
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― André Gide

PytonPago

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:12 am »

sounds great, if I knew anything about modelling or scripting I would try and build British tanks from WW2. Maybe I should try, however, when it gets complicated my mind turns to gloop :/

... you can go play a little with Blender and some free models on the net of those. As for scripting - once i got these babes finished, i plan to go for a BMP-2, so i jump onto a tank-script a little closer too.  ;)

And people here always help with questions. :)

TheLoneExplorer

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 09:06:37 am »

Thanks PytonPago :)

I'll see what I can do :P
― André Gide

TheLoneExplorer

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:09 am »

Starting my own creation/Render thread in the 'Other' forum :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:42:21 am by TheLoneExplorer »
― André Gide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5