Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Random Planet Generator should be a main goal.  (Read 11875 times)

ProGamer

Re: Random Planet Generator should be a main goal.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 05:57:31 pm »

Well ground deformation is do-able and smoke works (sort of).. So what is a volcano eruption but a combination of those two things.

I meant if there is a way to determine the location of all real world volcanoes that we know of in Outerra. Or if they are just height data that would be difficult to apply volcanic aspects to volcanic features. And find real world volcanos in outerra.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 12:16:11 am »

Well ground deformation is do-able and smoke works (sort of).. So what is a volcano eruption but a combination of those two things.

... lava flow dynamics (even underwater), fire, melting stuff, lava mass affecting physics of objects and vehicles ... there is always something. :D

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:37:42 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 07:20:48 am »

... lava flow dynamics (even underwater), fire, melting stuff, lava mass affecting physics of objects and vehicles ... there is always something. :D

I already said that...  >:(  :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Andradir

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

Hi,
i was wondering if its possible to have an interface for products generating random planets like:
https://secure.profantasy.com/products/ft.asp
There you can generate the data ( i do not know how detailed it can be), and it would be cool if your engine could generate the real world out of that.
just my 5 cent  ;)

Andi
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:50:43 pm by Andradir »
Pages: 1 [2]