Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: BlenderTo Outerra ...  (Read 2757 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
BlenderTo Outerra ...
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:28:28 am »

I had tried a lot of ways to screen-capture my desktop Blener vid - could not make any better than this one doe. (aether CPU drain spazzes sound or have format quality issues a lot) So sorry for the late upload of it. Hope it helps a little whyte setting up your models and if there are some things, that could be better explained, or you miss there, let me know and i will see what i can do (also if any of you have more experience of screen-capturing, let me know your methods - i used VLC whyte some modules for the one you see, doe tried more progs out) ... will also include actual importer footage and maybe some script-talk too later ...
 Also sorry for my spoken Eng - dont have much speak practice in daily life.

Also, a little correction - its 65536 vertices limit in exact ( dont know why i said 46 instead of 64 - damn German language number issue - no offense :D ) ... but will correct that vid when my recording is resolved properly.

Also, the mentioned problem about pivot points staying somewhere when meshes are copied - it doesn't happen very often, but in my way of constant changes and reimporting, it may occur a few times and resolving it may prove sometimes difficult, often ending in redoing the whole part separately. But that seems to be an one in thousand Blender-export issue.

Take the texture-material talk to heart - i used a UV-texture when half of my parts had the same material, and it made me sit at the model again for few more hours, rearranging stuff. Also helps to have some papercraft-thinking involved into it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:52:50 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.