Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: New to Outerra  (Read 3896 times)

knutt

New to Outerra
« on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »

Hi! I am totally new at this game. It's a piece of a masterwork. I am totally stunned. Amazing game!

But I can only make/drive cars who are in the game. Can someone tell me exactly how to add mod. Especially the BMW mod. I've tried, but did not work.

Thanks!  :)

stonelouse

Re: New to Outerra
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 04:32:21 pm »

if you've downloaded an otx file just open the otx file, it will be installed automatically.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:06 am »

if you've downloaded an otx file just open the otx file, it will be installed automatically.

.. otx´s actually only extract data to the vehicles/objects folder ( ... \Outerra Anteworld\packages\"somecreatorusername"\), so if you find a zip, or rar, just put it there.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

knutt

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 03:51:55 pm »

Is this right?
What are I missing?

Sorry for asking easy questions.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:38:39 am »

If you mean the sounds, that are in the info-screen - all .ogg sounds should be single-channel (mono) and not stereo for the vehicle engine script. You should convert them to mono using some prog. like DBPowerAMP or other (all that support exporting into .ogg whyte some further options) - then replace the existing ones in the folder. Than it should work properly ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.