Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Folder for streamed terrain data  (Read 3180 times)

stonelouse

Folder for streamed terrain data
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:42:51 am »

hello,

as far as i can tell the streamed data is saved in an outerra folder within the windows users folder on disk c:.
is it possible to change this to the installation directory?

i think its not such a great idea if programs clutter up the windows disk with huge amounts of data because thats not where the user expects all the data to go. when i set up this system i allocated 55 gbs to a dedicated windows partition, thinking that should be ernough for windows...
nowadays there is only 10gb of free space left, which is becoming a problem. on the other side i have tons of space left on my games partition...

thanks,
stonelouse

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Folder for streamed terrain data
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »

You can change the data folder during the installation, it asks first about the program directory, then about the data directory, with a note about potentially large data going there. As long as the installation directory is writable (i.e not in the Program files), you can set the data folder to be the same.

To change it after the installation, just move the whole data folder where you want it, and edit data.cfg in the installation directory to point to the new location.

stonelouse

Re: Folder for streamed terrain data
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:18 pm »

thank you very much indeed for your quick support again!  :)

i must have missed that during the installation.