Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Full dataset download  (Read 132188 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Full dataset download
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2016, 09:43:21 am »

The dataset is already compressed, so it's 24GB of data to upload. But if the game downloads the files, you should be able to download them via torrent client as well, as these are the same servers. Maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Peca

• Outerra fan
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2016, 12:53:20 pm »

I am seeding the torrent from my computer (unmetered 30 Mbit, public IP) everytime when I have the computer on (about 12h/day).

I dont currently see a big demand on the torrent, only few kB/s is uploading. Maybe there is something wrong? I dont think it is needed now, but with some effort I am able to put it on 24/7 server with 100 Mbit or even 1 Gbit line.

HiFlyer

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »

Yup, mine is up again and once more I'm seeing only the occasional small nibble.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:11:50 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Ada

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:03 pm »

The only active seed for me most of the time is nem.dupeto.cz using Deluge 1.3.12, which gives me some small download speeds sporadically. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 more, but not very often.

No problems with downloading any other torrents (checked yesterday).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:10:34 pm by Ada »

Ada

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2016, 01:27:01 pm »

Just tried to download old dataset again from here (14 gb one) just to be sure - the seeder is planet.antenworld.com and the speed is really good.

Direct downloads:

Torrent for the full data:
earth.torrent

Peca

• Outerra fan
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »

The only active seed for me most of the time is nem.dupeto.cz using Deluge 1.3.12, which gives me some small download speeds sporadically. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 more, but not very often.

No problems with downloading any other torrents (checked yesterday).
That is me. I switched from uTorrent to Deluge some time ago and it looks like with some torrents (not all) is Deluge uploading slowly. I have no idea why, internet line is 30/30 Mbit and ISP not doing any P2P blocking or throttling.

bilijuilder

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2016, 09:14:33 am »

thank you for the full dataset!

now i've got "earth" and "earth2" inside the data folder , is that right, or should i erase one of the 2 folders?

HiFlyer

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:21 am »

Yeah, earth doesn't work anymore, but i'm loath to fully delete it just in case the developers ever get it working again. There were a lot of nice 3rd party scenery addons, mainly from Acetone.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bilijuilder

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2016, 10:03:32 am »

ok, thanks, now i see i can choose between earth and earth2 at the log in screen

anyway, i'm a bit confused as now the folder earth2, the one i've DL'd here, is way smaller (under 900MB) than the earth' one, which now is about 14GB... it's like if the content has switched its location, right?

HiFlyer

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2016, 01:52:02 pm »

I have a completely different full torrent download for earth 2, which tops out at about 23GB

StrakanXJ

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2016, 08:26:48 am »

I am seeding the 24GB, I will keep it on for a few days but should anyone need it, be sure to let me know!

Nilaksh

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 05:10:46 am »

You can download it to your Outerra data folder (c:\users\yourwinname\outerra\data).

Full earth2 download (24GB, includes rivers): earth2.torrent

Note: to use Outerra Tech Demo without internet connection, run "outerra.exe -demo" from the command line. At the moment this only works with the demo mode, for full mode you have to have internet connection.

Reference map:

I followed the following procedure :

1) I downloaded the earth2.torrent and then clean installed outerra.
2) Then I moved all the data from "c:/users/nilaksh/Outerra/data/earth2" to some safe place
3) Then I copied all the 23.7 gb of the data from the downloaded torrent to "c:/users/nilaksh/Outerra/data/earth2"
4) Started outerra (demo) but showed an error that the terrain data are corrupt. Closed it.
5) then copied the perviously moved data (in step 1) to "c:/users/nilaksh/Outerra/data/earth2" overwriting the data currently present in it. (It overwrit only base.desc and maybe few others)
6) launched outerra. This time it showed no error.
7) a few extra places were loaded (but only in north America)
8.) rest of the places were completely blurred  (in all other parts of north america)
9) places outside america were completely white.
10) outerra also tries to load some 0.0.0.0.wad file (which is not present in the dataset)

So what wrong have i done?
How can i get all the places to load?
Do I also need to download earth.torrent and place it in the data folder ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:47:27 am by Nilaksh »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 06:06:17 am »

Can you upload your eng.log after you copy the downloaded data there again? If you just moved them, some files may have been replaced.
0-0-0.0.wad is not in the downloaded data, that would mean the desc files are wrong.

Nilaksh

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 06:25:39 am »

Can you upload your [url=http://goo.gl/DaK1M8]eng.log[/url] after you copy the downloaded data there again? If you just moved them, some files may have been replaced.
0-0-0.0.wad is not in the downloaded data, that would mean the desc files are wrong.

The forum is not allowing to upload the log (its about ~4 mb).
here is the onedrive link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvgCwsrMuukKgc0Kdo7uxWHI4dE3ww

Edit: I want to add that it seems like all the .wad files that outerra is trying to download, are not present in earth2 but I checked earth.torrent and found that they were present in it. I think this may have happened due to me overwriting all earth2 base.desc files with the original base.desc files that were present in "c:/users/username/outerra/data/earth2" after the fresh install.
however without doing this, the error "terrain data is corrupt" was coming.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:38:18 am by Nilaksh »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 06:55:53 am »

Everything fails to download there.
WARNING: failed to download C:/Users/Nilaksh/Outerra/data/earth2/-x/base.desc

Are you using some kind of proxy to connect to internet? Proxy isn't supported for data download and version checking. That would explain why the world is blurred - it can't fetch data it needs for world rendering.
But even without that it should be able to use full data, as long as you have everything necessary, including _cvd and _bio data in full.

It would be better to see eng.log from when you got the corrupt data error.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6