Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Road tool question.  (Read 3004 times)

GodotWaits

• What say you?
Road tool question.
« on: January 26, 2014, 01:01:52 pm »

Hi all,

When creating roads, is it possible to set distances between points? Some measurement tool perhaps? I can't see one, so I'm assuming there isn't, but I could be wrong. Might be a suggestion if there isn't such a function.

GodotWaits
Well then, until our next meeting.

Jagerbomber

Re: Road tool question.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:51:24 pm »

I don't think there is yet, at least not with the normal road tool.  But I think you can with the runway tool, if I remember correctly.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »

Hi Jagerbomber,

I noticed this when I was creating my local airport's runway. Ran into a little bit of trouble trying to get them to cross over in a sort of X shape resulting in one being higher than the other, leaving a gap in the overlapping one. Although I came across some tips on the blog for resolving the issue with roads, so I presume the same goes for runways. Haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated.

GodotWaits

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:01:24 pm »

Yeah, but I think it'll be more difficult with runways since you can't really control the ends points directly.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

Ah yeah, I see. I should have thought of that really! Maybe it's possible to figure out the exact elevation and apply it to both. Either way, at the moment I'm more interested in mapping roads. The main runway in it's correct location is enough, purely a location to take off from :)