Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Vehicle detail question  (Read 4148 times)

GodotWaits

• What say you?
Vehicle detail question
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:56 pm »

Hi all,

Could someone tell me how much detail is needed for a vehicle to work with parameters like suspension etc.

Do I need to make 3D models of the shocks and springs? or can the wheels be directly attached to the chassis?

I tried importing a model from Sketchup adding giucam's engine.js... Yet when I import it, I get an error concerning the vehicle's centre of gravity and also that the file (in this instance Lancia_Delta_S4) doesn't exist... Where am I to put the script file and does anyone know how to correct the centre of gravity issue?

If anyone could direct me to a place where all the knowledge needed for creating a working model can be found, that'd be really appreciated.

GodotWaits
Well then, until our next meeting.

DeanosBeano

Re: Vehicle detail question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »

for the center of gravity see the thread of mine veihicle not moving
 someone explained it was because the Model had a defined Center of Mass and the script i attached had a
 command called com { 01,02,03} or similar , i removed that and the center of gracity error went

if you dont have a center of mass in your model then the numbers are wrong in the script in relation to the model  Y+ is forward  Z+ is Up and X+ is Right  of  (0,0,0)  of the Model IIRC 

in terms of the axles in a basic model you dont need them so i figured as long as you use simple this addwheel  if you use the addweelswing(TBC)  you need an array of the axle and an wheel and wheelparameter

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:10:15 pm by DeanosBeano »

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:01:32 am »

GodotWaits

• What say you?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:34:33 am »

Thanks guys!

I tried the first suggestion by DeanosBeano but I had no joy. The wiki will be handy, thanks a million necro!

GodotWaits
Well then, until our next meeting.