Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Released] Aliens Not Waterfalls  (Read 14792 times)

DeanosBeano

[Released] Aliens Not Waterfalls
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »

Hi all,
 Just been learning the .js commands and made a video of some of the weird and wonderful things you can make already with this eraly iteraion whilst learning and having fun .
 sone of it is lazy like the joint splits , i could of diguised better but i think when animation possibilitty comes it will be better to spend more time there :)
hope you like Aliens and Waterfalls

apologies i really dont know what i did to my stero mix recording of sound ;(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:56:31 am by DeanosBeano »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Aliens and Waterfalls
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

Nightmares now. Nightmares forever.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

DeanosBeano

Re: Aliens and Waterfalls
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:27:42 am »

haha
 well now you can have VGI nightmares :)

I have released the unpackaged  download and put inside  user/outerra/packages/DeanosBeano
  maybe you dont need create the DeanosBeano folder you can put inside your own.

When in game you realice when press C camera is in front not behind  , make camera go to back by holding right MSB and zoom in using MSW

there is anomoly the thing is facing backwards , i hadnt realised sorry but it works same  W is actually forward etc because i reversed wheel force  :)

please feel free to modify and  adjust but please if you make it feel better let me know here  , i dont mind if you release in your own name etc just small credits as this is  asked for :

Original low poly Alien.
 http://www.blendswap.com/user/Smithy217
 Lisence
 http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
 Modified in Blender  and ported to outerra
 Deanos Beano

The Download and Have fun :)

http://www.filedropper.com/alienlowpoly
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:35:58 am by DeanosBeano »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: [Released] Aliens and Waterfalls
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 09:04:34 am »

What a nice little shiny fella ! And he can moon-walk ! :D

Waterfall looking great - didn't notice you can do animated textures. Will probably ask ya for it later to inspect.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:06:23 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

lmao
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DeanosBeano

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 09:56:08 am »

What a nice little shiny fella ! And he can moon-walk ! :D

Waterfall looking great - didn't notice you can do animated textures. Will probably ask ya for it later to inspect.

I dont think you can yet until Particles come  ,i was making a psuedo billboard using the hide mesh and some counting variable , ok for one waterfall but not for many lol :) .

lmao

Wait till it gets its Walkman and 80`s music haha :)

Jagerbomber

Re: [Released] Aliens Not Waterfalls
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 10:08:31 am »

;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 10:28:38 am »

I dont think you can yet until Particles come  ,i was making a psuedo billboard using the hide mesh and some counting variable , ok for one waterfall but not for many lol :) .

Interesting idea ... could you show how the counting variable looks ? And dont forget ABBA ! :D :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DeanosBeano

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 10:41:48 am »

Quote from: PytonPago link=topic=2446.msg25833#msg25833 date=1391873318

Interesting idea ... could you show how the counting variable looks ? And dont forget ABBA ! :D :D :D
[/quote

Sure  , first i use a small proigramme  called  Timeline FX and it can output strips/gifs or individual texture with Batch number :)

then set 32 frames in blender with seperate material file  becuase it will be diff in Outerra each one of course

then in JS  i do following but obviously for all frames 

Step 1
 Get all meshes fore example
Code: [Select]
frame1_id = geom.get_mesh_id('frame1');
// all way to 32

# step 2
then Hide all meshes

geom.set_mesh_visible_id(frame1_id, false); /// all to 32
# Step 3
 create a counter
_x = 0;
 #step 4
 Add value to variable and make if statement to activate certain Hide Unhide of mesh dependant on value of variable

_x = _x + 1 ;

if (_x > .01) {
geom.set_mesh_visible_id(frame1_id, true);
geom.set_mesh_visible_id(frame2_id, true);
  }

if (_x > 4) {

geom.set_mesh_visible_id(frame2_id, false);
geom.set_mesh_visible_id(frame3_id, true)
  }

Of course many drawbacks  with using oneach Frame like this FPS can make slow stream or torrent depending where looking and polycount of scene , im sure maybe there is max min fps etc somewhere  but hey it works for me as a test ;)

I am self taught only one week with . JS so im sure more efficient ways will come maybe with case switc and things  bu i believe better to learn like this than from  a book or person shouting to me " ffs do it like this " hahaa

anyway ultimate is Particle billboards and i sure they come sometime , i`m in no rush , my last Hobby like this i waited 13 years almost to watch the engine develop and altho it was in the end Too big for the sum of its parts , i loved every minute and well here  i am again loving this one so far ;)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:45:52 am by DeanosBeano »

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 10:58:25 am »

Thanks !

DeanosBeano

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 12:08:08 pm »

No worries
 i am int he IRC channel too if you wish to chat about it :)

For others come and join in the (its quiet usually) chat

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=outerra&uio=d4

Some 80s and Head twitching cause i know you all wanted to remminiss lol

For younger generation i will add a Booster and maybe not so 80s style lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:08:10 pm by DeanosBeano »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:07 am »

XD

DeanosBeano

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »

I had an Idea at work today and put it down quickly in .JS soon as i got home lol , i was thinking a way to do some Gibs , I have a busy RL this week so really have to just put things down and work on them at the weekend so for now i present an idea  :

Hips Lips and Psuedo Gibs

Reason it doesnt gib on first contact cause i use a variable  in the .js that is = 0 at start and increments during movemnent so when i hit a second time that value is > 0 and so effect is evident , not much special but thought i would point out :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:12:54 pm by DeanosBeano »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »

WOW. I wasn't expecting that. So you can make wheels fall off vehicles if it is coded as such.. Like a very basic damage model?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

DeanosBeano

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 01:02:08 pm »

In theory yes (added later :you can make it appear to but not actually seperate)  but at moment i have to work out if a geom is rotating and you also want to move it
 must i first stop the roatation and then apply the movement .
 obviously the most vital thing is input , at moment there is no real "Hit" input so its really a psuedo define ,
 you could do some math about speed drop or direction change etc which would be excellent things to learn from and manipulate.
 Most things i do now are really just applying methods that are work around in terms of input  but the output is actually useful especially when i ventually apply some sin and cos math these can provide some nice paths for objects 

obviously i am very new here  so i might have missed abaility to set evlocity and createvehicle /object via .js or maybe global variables from an objects .js can be applied to another object that would be dream stuff at this early stage

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:49:10 pm by DeanosBeano »
Pages: [1] 2