Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Render-distance  (Read 3760 times)

Kaybl3

Render-distance
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:56:18 am »

Is there a way to push back render distance of trees? You can clearly see where the trees end and I wanted to expand the distance to make it look better, hope that's possible! Tried playing around with the terrain settings but nothing seems to make a visable change
http://i.imgur.com/hmlDx2p.jpg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:33:50 am by Kaybl3 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Render-distance
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:38:37 am »

Terrain quality affects it, together with tree coef. But the problem here is that there's a known bug when color of trees isn't properly matched in the distant part. Once this is fixed, the transition should be practically invisible.

HiFlyer

Re: Render-distance
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:40 am »

Terrain quality affects it, together with tree coef. But the problem here is that there's a known bug when color of trees isn't properly matched in the distant part. Once this is fixed, the transition should be practically invisible.

I have seen the video about how the Near/far transition is handled in Proland, so i know how seamless it can appear. Looking forward to when you get to this in Outerra!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro