Outerra Engine > News

2013 retrospective, 2014 look ahead

<< < (6/6)

DeanosBeano:

--- Quote from: SilentEagle on February 14, 2014, 01:23:59 pm ---Nobody has said that the Outerra team was going to quit working on the engine.  In fact, the engine will probably be in a continual state of development until some of the first games are released.  You have to start somewhere and sometime, and the influx of money for future games/sims to be built on this engine will help bring Outerra to where it needs to be by focusing on the correct priorities.

Many of those issues with physics you mention are nothing to worry about.  Any sim that gets built on Outerra will expand the capabilities of the current physics engines and improve or correct issues related to it.  For example, JSBSim is an open source code and can be modified to do whatever the developer wants it to do.  I have already greatly expanded its capabilities in my own testing with it.

--- End quote ---
Yup , Nobody said they were quitting thats correct  they only advised to keep the focus on the core.
  Hopefully you can share your JBSIM progress that would be a nice help , i am new here and hope to learn this aspect a bit more but apart from Take on Helicopters where i had some experience tinkering witrh xml files  i am complete novice.

D-TVPB:
Gentlemen,

I am new to this forum although I follow Outerra for about three years now.

With all due respect! I see that your company has a brilliant product so far. BUT: I also see that you are developing this product since over five years now. Considering the speed of development and the state of the product leads me to the assumption that you have smart developers and a good approach but certainly not enough men-power to let it lift off in next time.

Smart people cost money. So it is all about financing. Imagine what your team could do if you would have a big team dedicated developers working full time on this project supported by third party developers for special tasks!

Certainly investors will ask for a return and certainly an investor will limit the freedom of the company. But if you refuse to work with a wealthy investor you will need another five years until you have a full operational product to come to the market!

I am not an investor but “only” a dedicated user of flight simulation software. I see  a very big market for a good simulation engine: ESP/FSX is completely outdated, P3D 2.1 is also based on a legacy code and not really up-to-date, X-plane struggles with the problem that it has a boss who doesn’t want to develop it to be a good commercial solution, and I don’t see other available global engines. Therefore I hope that the Outerra team quickly finds an investor who is willing to pick up the pearl that Outerra is and to take the risk of the development and fund it with a reasonable amount!

Good luck, Outerra!

Cycle:
Outerra flight simulator is my dream! Please Kickstarter!

Barnstormer:
Yes, I am with you at 100% for a Kickstarter campaign for a great flight sim with Open Street Map capability !
look the success of Star citizen or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

HiFlyer:

--- Quote from: Barnstormer on April 07, 2014, 09:14:38 am ---Yes, I am with you at 100% for a Kickstarter campaign for a great flight sim with Open Street Map capability !
look the success of Star citizen or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

--- End quote ---

I wonder even with an outrageously successful kickstarter, how long it would take for the current small team to ramp up to a full scale effort......

Seems things could go both ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version