Outerra Engine > FAQ

Engine Specifics

<< < (5/6) > >>

cameni:
Anteworld's not meant for that. It's a demo game designed so that it can showcase the engine in its early state and as it's being developed. The sandbox mode will allow you to perform some of those actions, but it will be your local copy. Anteworld is also helping to develop the Outerra engine, so when it's finished it's likely that OT will be made available too, with a wider range of options and tools, like designing your own planets etc.

Swimming animations should be fairly easy to handle.

FreeUser:
Hello, some more questions

1) is it possible to use this engin for hybride fps/rts ?
2) What about IA ?
3) Will we be able to generat our own map, planets ?
4) What about gravity and Newton physiques ?

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: FreeUser on November 15, 2013, 08:10:11 am ---3) Will we be able to generat our own map, planets ?

--- End quote ---

They plan to make a Planet-creator, doe, it is a lot of time to wait for it, cause first Earth should be finished properly whyte all its sparkles.

--- Quote from: FreeUser on November 15, 2013, 08:10:11 am ---4) What about gravity and Newton physiques ?

--- End quote ---

Bullet physics takes that sort of things sorted out. Some stuff will be added to use it in more interesting ways ... still, biomes and clouds need to come first. Just hang on from month to month. :D

As for AI, i know there was talk about some low-wildlife to be put in OT a long time ago, but im not sure of the depth Cameni and AngryPig plans it for Antenworld. Doe, this needs animations done finito first too.

I dont think there should be much problem to do a FPS/RTS combined game using OT. It surely has not only the potential ... just have to wait for some nice-plan motivated developers to make it come true.

jokoon:
Could you expand a bit about the fractal part ?

I don't have a degree in math, but I can't the relationship between fractal and terrain geometry. I guess that makes me twice as ignorant, but I think I understand a little what a fractal is in general when I read a wikipedia article.

When you mean fractal, do you mean you use some kind of recursive function to load different data geometry, to dynamically adjust the LOD ? Does that mean it continuously transfers geometry data on the GPU memory if I fly very fast ?

KW71:

--- Quote from: jokoon on June 02, 2016, 12:15:39 pm ---Could you expand a bit about the fractal part ?

I don't have a degree in math, but I can't the relationship between fractal and terrain geometry. I guess that makes me twice as ignorant, but I think I understand a little what a fractal is in general when I read a wikipedia article.

When you mean fractal, do you mean you use some kind of recursive function to load different data geometry, to dynamically adjust the LOD ? Does that mean it continuously transfers geometry data on the GPU memory if I fly very fast ?

--- End quote ---

This may help:

http://forum.outerra.com/FMX/presentation/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version