Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: TRACKIR Profile  (Read 24355 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
TRACKIR Profile
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »

Hi all,

I have made a TrackIR profile for anyone who wants to get their TIR going with OT. I will make a short video showing it off soon. It's a milestone, thanks for whomever delivered on the trackir plugin.

See attached file. Just put it in the TrackIR profiles folder.

Regards,

Kelvin

If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
Re: TRACKIR Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:22:44 pm »

Awesome, cheers Kelvinr, I'll give it a go a little later when the sun buggers off. During the day it interferes with my TrackIR camera and its way too hot at the moment to block off the windows and therefore airflow. :)
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

KelvinNZ

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 12:46:50 am »

Ok, here's a quick video using TrackIR with the profile I attached earlier.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:10:50 am »

Hey Kelvinr, I'm having a little trouble with your profile, actually trackir in general. Everytime I strafe my head I end up miles outside of the aircraft. How do I stop that?

It also happened to me with the default profile to so I created a copy and just disabled them. I really should learn how to modify these profiles properly.  :-\
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

KelvinNZ

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:16:37 am »

just heading off to bed for the night but the profile should work, when you're in Outerra press the windows key to get back to the desktop and open TrackIR and ensure the profile is showing as the active profile. You should be able to manipulate the axis movements and will update in realtime if you modify them to see which ones do what.

icexuick

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 08:15:15 am »

Hi Kelvinr,

I'm trying to get it to work as well with the 4459 version but with no succes so far.
I've also tried the trackir.dll plugin and placed it in the Outerra/plugins/ folder with no succes.
Is there maybe more we should do to get this working?

Any help is very much appreciated!

EDIT

I've found the problem and solution. I used your profile (and tweaked it a little bit with a little deadzone)

I've now used the experimental trackir plugin here: http://outerraworld.com/appdata/Anteworld/tir-trackir-plugin.dll

The most important thing: You should place it into the installation directory Outerra/AnteWorld/plugins/ - you'll probably have to create it.
This did work like a charm for me with version 4459 and with the TrackIR 5.2 software!

Also a video that shows how awesome TrackIR works with the Outerra Engine. Thanks Kelvinr and Cameni!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:20:55 am by icexuick »

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 11:37:27 pm »

using the plugin crashes my outerra on world load. maybe because im using 64bit windows?
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

KelvinNZ

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 02:23:24 am »

It crashes because something has changed between the versions 4459 and the latest as before it did not crash. I have been real busy with work again causing some obstacles for me, this was one of them, in that I had not had time to log it.

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:34:18 am »

Hi, okay! I'm using Freetrack instead now which works without the plugin, so that is a workaround until the dll gets fixed. Thank you for the explanation, saves me some troubleshooting. Please let me know if I can help trying out the new version whenever you get around to fixing it. :)
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:04 am »

Found the problem, will be fixed in the next update.

2Pete

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 12:30:16 pm »

Hmm... just updated to the latest version (4578), but still dont work with this dll. (work fine without the plugin) :'(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 12:40:09 pm by 2Pete »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 04:12:15 pm »

2Pete

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 04:01:08 am »

Updated to 4579 and redownloaded the plugin is solved the problem, thank you!

Avidean

TrackIR
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 09:43:23 am »

Oh, don't give up :)
Can you send the crash report from the MFG pedals?

TrackIR - just create a "plugins" folder in the OT installation directory and put the dll there. Use Kelvin's TIR profile[/url to configure TIR.

Warthog - are there two versions/firmwares for that thing? Because we added a workaround for FW bug specifically for this, but either the workaround does not activate or there's a different firmware that fixes the bug and now the workaround makes it worse ..

Can you elaborate on this a little for new users. I would like to use TrackIR5 in Outerra but cant seem to figure it out:-)
I7 4770K at 4.8ghz
GTX 780 Driver: 337.88
2 x 4gb GSkill 2400mhz CL9
Asus Sabertooth Z87
Windows 7 Ultimate

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 11:04:30 am »

Navigate to your Anteworld installation directory (default: c:\program files (x86)\outerra\anteworld) and create folder named plugins there. Put the downloaded plugin there.

You should now see a message in eng.log file that the plugin was loaded. If that's ok, it should already function, but follow the instructions from the top of this thread to set up the adjusted profile for TrackIR.
Pages: [1] 2 3