Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Trim  (Read 3564 times)

HiFlyer

Trim
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:49:42 am »

Having a lot of fun in Outerra as usual guys, but as I fly longer journeys between specific areas, The need to constantly trim the plane, while realistic, can slowly become fatiguing. In fact, sometimes I just get bored of it, since the plane behaves as if balanced at the tip of a needle, and it seems almost impossible to keep it balanced there for any length of time without continuous, constant attention.

Since there is no autopilot, if you have to step away, its pause or maybe die.

A search of the forum shows mention of an auto-trim feature going back at least to 2012, but I cannot find if it was ever actually implemented, and don't see one in the controls.

Is this feature there and I just missed it, or is it just very very very low indeed on the to-do list?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

angrypig

Re: Trim
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »

The feature is on the TODO list but I have to get the latest JSBSim first and then check what is new there and how to do that...

HiFlyer

Re: Trim
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:03:02 pm »

The feature is on the TODO list but I have to get the latest JSBSim first and then check what is new there and how to do that...

Ok thanks. I hope it can be done; I'd like to be able to pay more attention to the surroundings and exploring once in a while, and slightly less on keeping the plane stable, sometimes.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro