Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: GTA IV Models *Suspended  (Read 26598 times)

M7

Re: GTA IV Models *Updated on February 24, 2014
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

I wouldn't call myself an expert as i found about the amazing property of roughness texture just a few days ago and i actually never did anything 3d before discovering OT. But those GTA models are so beautifull, it doesn't take that much to make them look super real (mostly the reflexions) with the current diffuse tex once you get a hang of what works.

Another thing i notice in the Chrysler tower, you have some normal map texture in the windows and it makes them look wobbly (like they're not flat). On the normal map, you could use your windows mask/silhouette to make a selection and blur or fill them to clear the surface of bumbs. Hope you dont take these critics wrongly. Again these models are so nice, it's hard not point out ways to make them look their best.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »

I wouldn't call myself an expert as i found about the amazing property of roughness texture just a few days ago and i actually never did anything 3d before discovering OT.

Wow, just a few days and you can archive that? Nice!

Another thing i notice in the Chrysler tower, you have some normal map texture in the windows and it makes them look wobbly (like they're not flat). On the normal map, you could use your windows mask/silhouette to make a selection and blur or fill them to clear the surface of bumbs. Hope you dont take these critics wrongly. Again these models are so nice, it's hard not point out ways to make them look their best.

Yeah the normal maps on the windows... that was my intention, to let them look a bit wobbly, but maybe they are too much, because i already did what you said, with the stores (I think i only did that with 2 textures "ns_chrysler_door_lower_n.dds" and "ns_bank01_n.dds") at the building's base. Maybe I should make the windows flat too... isn't a bad idea and they may look more realistic :)

Don't worry about the critics because I see these critics as tips, so nothing bad there :) Still doing it, there is always something new to learn hehe.

DeanosBeano

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 03:50:39 pm »

Hi
 Buildings look good , may iask are they copywrighted ?
  I hate making senes and things only to see they are  not credited and not lisenced so sorry for asking but sometimes  i see this Xripper and no credit and well its not ok so i like to check.

cheers

HiFlyer

Re: GTA IV Models *Suspended
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 07:31:46 pm »

Wow......... :P

Sorry you had to stop with these buildings, they were beautiful.  :(
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: GTA IV Models *Suspended
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 11:56:43 pm »

Captain America will just re-host them. anonymously of course.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo
Pages: 1 2 [3]