Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Airbus A321-211 CFM [?]  (Read 47789 times)

TimXWB

Re: Airbus A321-211 CFM [WIP]
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 03:22:43 am »

Hey, im new to the forums! After recognizing outerra, I now look nearly every day at the forums and follow the progress. I am amazed of this engine. ;D
I can only agree what Hifly posted, there is a huge amount of nice freeware aircraft around, for example project airbus, or tenukuu development studios with boeing aircraft. Importing aircraft from the flight sims would be just awsome.

I would really love to see an airliner in outerra, so it would be cool if you stic to your idea Levi! :)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 08:31:59 am »

Hmmm...........

Interesting conversation. Levi, if Aerosoft doesn't want their stuff used, there are plenty of nice freeware planes out there that their designers probably wouldn't mind being used, as they have already been released to the public. Being somewhat simpler in general, they would probably be even easier and quicker to convert without losing all that much, since Outerra really cant use the complex systems yet anyway.

Probably just a quick email to the person explaining what you want to do, and asking for permission or/and help might be enough!

There are so many generous and creative people out there that somebody is just bound to say yes!  :)

Maybe freebies from a site like this? http://simviation.com//downloads.html

Hello HiFlyer!

Yep, i agree with you, although if freeware aircrafts (not all) aren't so complex and/or High detailed, al least there is a chance to use them in Outerra and Share them with the users too, because payware aircrafts are too problematic, for this propose.
And about the converting process, there is not a big difference, maybe because freeware aircrafts don't have so many movable parts, specially in the interior/cabin, so I don't have to animate each one. Maybe i'm wrong and some freeware aircrafts are complex too idk :D

Then when i'll find a nicely detailed freeware aircraft, i have to find the creator's E-mail... will be that a problem? maybe you guys can help me with that idk :)
btw thanks for the link, i'll take a look to those aircrafts.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:37 am »

Hey, im new to the forums! After recognizing outerra, I now look nearly every day at the forums and follow the progress. I am amazed of this engine. ;D
I can only agree what Hifly posted, there is a huge amount of nice freeware aircraft around, for example project airbus, or tenukuu development studios with boeing aircraft. Importing aircraft from the flight sims would be just awsome.

I would really love to see an airliner in outerra, so it would be cool if you stic to your idea Levi! :)

Hey TimXWB! Welcome to the Outerra forum! :)

Thanks for the references, i'll take a look to their aircrafts :) Cheers!

HiFlyer

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:19 am »

Hmmm...........

Interesting conversation. Levi, if Aerosoft doesn't want their stuff used, there are plenty of nice freeware planes out there that their designers probably wouldn't mind being used, as they have already been released to the public. Being somewhat simpler in general, they would probably be even easier and quicker to convert without losing all that much, since Outerra really cant use the complex systems yet anyway.

Probably just a quick email to the person explaining what you want to do, and asking for permission or/and help might be enough!

There are so many generous and creative people out there that somebody is just bound to say yes!  :)

Maybe freebies from a site like this? http://simviation.com//downloads.html

Hello HiFlyer!

Yep, i agree with you, although if freeware aircrafts (not all) aren't so complex and/or High detailed, al least there is a chance to use them in Outerra and Share them with the users too, because payware aircrafts are too problematic, for this propose.
And about the converting process, there is not a big difference, maybe because freeware aircrafts don't have so many movable parts, specially in the interior/cabin, so I don't have to animate each one. Maybe i'm wrong and some freeware aircrafts are complex too idk :D

Then when i'll find a nicely detailed freeware aircraft, i have to find the creator's E-mail... will be that a problem? maybe you guys can help me with that idk :)
btw thanks for the link, i'll take a look to those aircrafts.

The eclipse from here is free and their email is listed. Its a very nice plane though not a big jet!  ;)

http://www.aerobask.com/

Lots of planes here. (you may have to join to see them) http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:36:54 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

DeanosBeano

Re: Airbus A321-211 CFM [?]
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 12:27:08 pm »

Have Fun :)

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/search?term=aircraft&s[blend_license]=&s[blender_version]=0

Remember  always credit people  that is the worst crime :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »

WOW There ! ... That Eclypse is a fine piece of work too.

As for the cockpit, there is still a lot t be done in OT and the Flight-simulator stuff part of it do do the cockpit a "full-click" thingy anyway, but no one is holding a person from getting it in and adjust at least the flight-characteristics, while keeping all the needed stuff for later, when the possibility is there to finish it to the bitter-sweet Sim magnificence of a birdy thing.  ;D There will be a bigger boom sooner or later anyway.  ;)

As for the flyers, contacting the freeware creators about the model and possible documentation about few details about them  (like meshes and pivot settings - operation details of the concrete aircraft and stuff), having a little friendly chat might be a good idea - maybe they even jump into helping ya get it into OT whyte some better JSBSim settings. Ill try that on your place.

Also - Liqid cristal dispaly avionics !!! We need to re-make the MIG to some fancy like that new sexy 35-ver or the nice little Su-34 Swan lady ...

... HMMM ... now that im thinking about it - its OT where talking about here. We should just jump straight to a Tu-95 Intercontinental bomber ( I know that Black-jack is supersonic, but we need those world-laudest turbofans, so the polar-bears can hear us !  ;D ) and make a Air-refuel vehicle, so we can take a damn whole weekend flight-trip trough the Atlantic and back again on military ration packs and coffee.

Thall be da best weekend ewer ... what ya think ?

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:59:52 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

TimXWB

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 02:25:13 pm »

http://poskyarchive.com/

Here you can also find pretty nice planes- and there is also an email adress  8) I also like the eclipse- but i think when there is an airliner and some videos about it on youtube, even more people will recognize outerra :)

mike4

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 04:04:16 am »

Yes with Blender x-plane scripts you can import FSX/FS9 models. Anyway the simplest would be to convert Flightgear GPL aircrafts. Have a look at the GPL licence and some also use the JSBSim flightmodel.
I'm not a fan of such...why not create a new plane from scratch?

TimXWB

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 05:01:42 am »

Sadly until now i have no clue at all of importing, and i dont know how much work is necessary therefore, but I could imagane that creating a new model from scratch is a huge amount of work.  :) I think in general when talking about the source of planes, Fs/x-plane models are a lot nicer to look at. The level of details is extremely high, including animations like flap mechanisms or wingflex etc :)

Fs 737
http://flightsimglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/N737BA.jpg

flightgear 737
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/87/fgfsscreen132.png

mercenar1e

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 07:51:01 pm »

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/

this website is highly recommended, you can contact the author for permission (he gave permission to import his free aircraft to dezkit for his arma 3 mod called "Ivory Aircraft")

when your on the website go to the Hangar Page tab then go to Free Flight Simulator Aircraft.. view and pick then contact =D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:53:04 pm by mercenar1e »

mike4

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 01:03:29 am »

TimXWB, you should enable AA in Nvidia settings globally for Flightgear. (maybe also in fgrun, I forgot) There are also beautiful FG aircrafts, indeed. Your Blender knowledge is the limit.
But how about importing some FSX into FG and Outerra. Probably you find help for the avionics etc. as both use jsbsim.
Good luck

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »

As for the flyers, contacting the freeware creators about the model and possible documentation about few details about them  (like meshes and pivot settings - operation details of the concrete aircraft and stuff), having a little friendly chat might be a good idea - maybe they even jump into helping ya get it into OT whyte some better JSBSim settings. Ill try that on your place.

That's exactly what I did :) I've been talking via E-mail with a gentle person, and now I have the permission to bring a nice Aircraft (it's not a big jet, but still) into Outerra. He also gave me the Project file so i can see the pivots rotation and all that stuff. Soon I'll open a new topic with that plane :)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

Thanks all for your support, recommendations and references, I'll take a look to your links when i have some free time because right now I'm working with one :) It takes a while until it's ready to fly hehe  :D

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 04:22:54 pm »

Hey guys,

I really don't think this is the time to risk legal problems by using any existing paid products in Outerra. You could have many sleepless nights as well as the making the developers nervous too.

There are quite a few developers out there that would probably be more open for helping design aircraft and scenery that would also help with the prototyping of Outerra as a flight simulator and wouldn't have the legal constraints as with other unnamed 3rd parties.

from their perspective they will never agree to using their stuff in Outerra unless they see possible revenue coming from it.

there are some good royalty free models out their to start with.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

mercenar1e

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 06:59:48 pm »

Hey guys,

I really don't think this is the time to risk legal problems by using any existing paid products in Outerra. You could have many sleepless nights as well as the making the developers nervous too.

There are quite a few developers out there that would probably be more open for helping design aircraft and scenery that would also help with the prototyping of Outerra as a flight simulator and wouldn't have the legal constraints as with other unnamed 3rd parties.

from their perspective they will never agree to using their stuff in Outerra unless they see possible revenue coming from it.

there are some good royalty free models out their to start with.

have you read the second page? or the updated first post? it clearly explains he is moving away from the paid models to import free aircraft and on the second page we have provided him with links to just that. there is no risk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3